Free model#3 Skips BumbleBee Camaro Concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJTK1701

Banned
They should work fine on an inkjet printer, but I understand this may not be the case with a laser jet? Can't say for sure. you might want to ask your local print shop, or an Office Max, Kinko's....

logicman

Greybeard
will these work on any printer or do I need special ink?

The printer-specific standard ink should work fine.
In my experience if an ink-jet can print a clean image to a printable CD/DVD, it can print a better one to ink-jet transparecy film.

btw, I use Office World part No. SL5256 with a Canon Pixma.
hth.
:wave:

Nothing

Longtime Member
ink jet transparencies nedd to be printed on the frosted side. be prepared when using inkjet transparencies ,essspecialy if the "window" is tinted, you will not be able to see much through them.

CK Styles

CK Styles,

Do you know if these transparencies would work for the models windows?

Code:
http://www.ryman.co.uk/Ryman-OHP-Colour-Inkjet-Film-Pack-25-0224010461.asp
NSCXP2005

Yes, these will work fine and regular ink jet toner is all it takes. Make sure when you buy the sheets it states "for ink jet printers". It's right on the front of the package. I use the aforementioned sheets when doing autos. If you color the original windows "dark gray or black" on the sheets, you get the effect of tinted windows on the clear projector sheets. Pretty cool.The only issue I have ever had with acetate or clear sheets is the gluing. It takes much longer to dry, so have your clamps and patients ready!

axel

hello, how about printing the shading as a normal black and white and make a photocopy in acetate? seems to me it would be faster, and it wouldnt be frosty
Ax.

Master-Bruce

I've been following this chat guys. I'm going to add a plain "untinted" set of windows for the final release. This way those who know how to print them can use them, while those who are unsure or just don't like them can use the plain set. ;)

P

paulhbell

Back on topic, First update for the day. Front window surround, did this yesterday. I'm on with the side window surrounds and the body of the car now.

Sorry, but I've pulled the model out of the free model contest, I will still finish the model and build thread. Sorry skip.

Attachments

• DSCF0123.jpg
    DSCF0123.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 8
P

paulhbell

I have now reread the rules for the comp and I have decided against pulling out.

But I do need to state a few things about the build.

1:-I will be making the car as is, i.e. no additions and no resizing.
2:-I will not be adding the LED's for the lights, as they are obviously not included in the file.
3:-I am using glossy paper for the build, I would have made the car using this paper anyway, even if I had not entered the comp.
4:-I will be using clear acetate for the windows, it actually states this on the sheets.
5:-If for some reason skip hasn't got the files up before the comp end date I will drop out anyway, as the rules say I must include a 'live' link to the model.

If for any reason, anyone has any objections, please PM or email me.

logicman

Greybeard
glad you"re not pulling out of the comp mate:thumb: look forward to your progress:thumb:

Ditto, the same and likewise.:thumb:

Clear windows have always been an option imxho.

As a child, I would use cellophane from old cigarette wrappings - (the modern stuff isn't cellulose based) - to make clear windows.

I think that anyone, pointed in the right direction by a good build thread - which yours is - could obtain suitable clear scrap material. Sure, it may require a special type of glue, but then, it is uncommon in the extreme to find glue in a kit, and I have never heard of it being available as a free download.

:wave:

P

paulhbell

Dead camera

Got a good bit done today, but my camera has died. So I will have to make do with my phone till tomorrow. Sorry about quality.

I have got the front end nearly finished, bad photo though. Easy to put together, just lots of parts. Looks good though, although you will have to take my word for that. Better pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• 17052008028.jpg
    17052008028.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.