Free model#3 Skips BumbleBee Camaro Concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulhbell

Ok. Bodys done. Needs a bit of a clean and when the glue has dried it needs a bit of shaping. But it's looking good.

The mounting pins are fine for putting the body on. The problem I'll have is filling the holes in, when I come to put the inside into the car.

Attachments

• DSCF0167.jpg
    DSCF0167.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 5
B

Bionic Modeler

one thing ive found about inkjet transparencies is that it is frosted.

I don't know what brand you are buying but I have been using them for a long time and while there is a slight frost it is still very transparant. I print railings for my lighthouses as they are far too ornate to cut out and they look great. I also use them for canopies and I can see through them just fine. The brand is "Apollo" model # cg7031s

B

Bionic Modeler

I bought mine years ago and have had them in the closet. But I bought them at Office Depot. Did you try googling that part # ?

P

paulhbell

NSCXP2005, I have the same sheets as in nothing's photo above, send me a PM with your address and I'll drop a few sheets in the post for you. After all I have 49 sheets left and I think I can spare a few.

As for the car, I'm finishing the door mirrors and thats it done. I'm hopeing to get a video done on sunday, it will be with my mobile phone so not a big file, any ideas where to post it.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I'd say youtube too. Looing forward to seeing this paul! Even at 20mph it'll look cool at that scale!

Come on! :)

P

paulhbell

Sorry for no updates with the video guys, been at bit busy. Bad time of year for me to do modeling. Going camping later today and won't be back till Sunday night. So I'll try and get something up on Monday.

I've got to try to get the video on to my comp. Vista has blocked my Nokia pc software. It's no longer supported. So I'll have a go with the slower laptop. Fingers crossed.

P

paulhbell

For the time being I've failed with the video. Sorry photos will have to do for now. Bloody camera phone.

Anyway, the cars looking a bit 'worse for wear' now. Mirrors are gone and the cars is looking a bit dented. The wing mirrors are a work of art and it was a sad time when they flew off.

And before anyone says anything, I know they are not the proper wheels that skip designed. I don't think the card wheels would last very long sign1.

I have only used the car a few times and I had a couple of comments asking where did I get the body from. They didn't believe me when I said it was made from paper/card, so I set them here. Lets hope some one else builds the car.

Thanks for doing this design skip, I enjoyed making it. And I was gutted that I didn't get it finished for the comp. And when I have sorted a video, I will post it.

Attachments

• DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0009.jpg
    DSCF0009.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 6
P

paulhbell

They wern't the only ones. I have one tip, when useing acetate, use a good glue, I nearly lost the front screen.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Awesome! A 2008 Camaro riding on Subaru rims! It's bound to take some beating seeing as it's a card body shell, but it's a great idea!

Hope to see some video at some point Paul, if not I'll have to come down to you. ;)

Thanks for a great thread, and a very cool RC. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.