Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jun 6, 2012.
The parts look GREAT!!!
Totally awesome, man!
That looks amazing!
This happens when metal (blade) meets (or better: hits) metal (ruler)..!
I'm documenting all my findings, problems and solutions and will add them to the instructions so that inexperienced fans may follow my example. So it may take some time till the final file is ready for release to the public. Unfortunately there were no hints on the company or the grammature of the card I used; I guess this is one point which has to be tested by the builder him- / herself.
One thing which is bothering me are the hubs of the wheels. Even though I made them bigger two times it is still necessary to widen them, especially when you use thicker cardboard for assembly. I'm trying another way which eludes this problem and which should make assembly much easier, too. I'll tell you if it works (or not :thumb: ).
BTW, I tried to glue some parts together with the gloves on.
Well, the gloves got glued to the parts, too, so I skipped that idea..! hamr
Thousands of little silver triangles scatterd all over my workspace...
That looks like it would make GREAT confetti. :thumb::twisted:
I'll save everything for Dec 31st!
If the silver was aluminum you could use it to make chaff
Man, that was "missile-deep"! sign1 sign1 sign1
I remember the Radar guys laughing when the Tomcat pilots would use Chaff... SPY1 could "theoretically" track every piece individually, given enough computer power.
Power is not everything...
Not only computer power, but you would need a lot of resolution for that... Changing the subject, what a beautiful baby picture, man! Congrats and let me welcome the baby! :mrgreen: Peace and good health. :thumb: :thumb:
Thank you Rogerio, frustrating though now I have to baby proof the house again arghhhh
C'mon, man it'll be both painful and a pleasure... sign1 sign1
to true... :mrgreen:
I've cut out nearly all parts and pre-shaped them. I've begun assembling the "first level".
I have redesigned the wheel assembly. I've skipped the middle tube and added two simple cardboard circles which makes the whole thing much easier.
I found out that it is better to join the rounded parts with strips of regular Paper / card instead of using strips of silver card. The glue cures faster and the coated card tends to slide around because it is very smooth. Keeping this in mind I remove the coat from the tabs before glueing whenever possible.
The first level - in silver.