Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 63 and clear at the moment. The expected high is 73 and there's a good chance of thunderstorms later today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/27/2008

Wind Chill: 63°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 66°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 75 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain showers in the evening. Cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010015-5.jpg

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning...........
It's a beautiful, cool day at 50 degrees. Going up to 70 today, with sunshine.
I will be mowing the front yard and the side hill, today. About 1 1/2 acres. Yesterday I mowed the back yard and driveway side. No time for trains today. Darn. Next week for sure.
Getting ready to put in our little garden. I love homegrown tomatoes. Had good luck last year.
Time for breakfast in the Dining car.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Hey all:wave:
Sorry I haven't been around latley, the computer's hard drive crashed and almost all of the 35 gigs on it were lost:cry:wall1 Took a while for the Dr. Micro guys to fix it, said the hard drive had screwed up a few other things, too:curse: Hopefully the new 160 gig drive won't spontaniously die at no provoking action like the last one:cry:

As for modeling, I haven't got much done, just got my L&N Orange coal hopper built and ready for weathering (If I could just find some :curse::curse::curse::curse: proto pics of themwall1). I've not got much done because of computer troubles, homework, and BotCon 2008:mrgreen: The latter of which was a blast, plus I got ahold of three of the rarest transformers I know of:mrgreen:

Cheers:thumb:
CNWman

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
Good Morning All ! Everything is well here in So. Cal, (weather is hot again this weekend, 90's.)

I read this thread every morning and sure enjoy all the comments from everyone. By the time I finish reading I just can't think of much to report on. I do know is on heck of a great bunch of people here. I feel like I have more friends on the forums, than I do around town. 1 guy calls me every few days, which I enjoy tremendously, a couple of others call occassionaly. Then this week I received a York car from another person, complete and total surprise. (Don't want to embarass him by mentioning names.)

Just a big Thanks for all your considerations!

Going to spend the day in the train room, adjusting some switches, put some blind wheels on the Big Boy tender, install a light kit in a UP AC4400 dummy, and make some bumpers for some track sidings. HOPEFULLY watch Talladega but looks like it will get rained out.

Only one question CHUCK, how is it that you have so little time for trains?? You need a dayplanner.

Have a great day all !

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Afternoon all. Worked long at church today so far but had fun. Got the Bride's mom day gift at a 'world market' at church. Bride off to a shower (for another soon-to-be bride). I'm holding the fort, doing laundry, my online classes and hopefully training - with the NASCAR or White Sox game on the radio. Sounds like a nice afternoon.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
CNWman, Welcome back and don't stay away so long the next time. Did the L&N actually have an orange hopper car? The only orange hopper I have ever seen is Waddell Coal.

Chief, What on earth do you do with the tomatoes from 42 tomato plants? That should produce enough for the whole town!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Chief, What on earth do you do with the tomatoes from 42 tomato plants? That should produce enough for the whole town! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
John, knowing the Chief, he probably does share them with at least half the town....A fine Southern Gentleman!
We are on the mend, but still a bit under the weather. Mostly congestion and aches. Ended up buying the dishwasher and also a couple of storm doors. This morning, bride made some home made biscuits and sausage gravy..:thumb: Then we all went to church. I actually got to sit with my wife today, but tonight I had to run the light board. I am on call this week, so we will see how things go regarding train time.

Jon, sorry to hear about your son's flooding. Would a french drain help in the future? Not sure, depends on the situation. Might want to check into it.

Had a funny wake up call this morning, wife was up, but I was a bit sluggish. Dog ran into the bedroom with one of those "Chew Ropes" in his mouth and launched all the way on top of the bed....and right onto me! Mind you our bed sits up very high and this is the first we have let him on the bed. Was a very fun time. We are blessed with a good dog.

Have a blessed week ahead.
Dennis

Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
Hey chief I believe it was other forum you said all is done . well I'm doing so much that I read in one forum and answer in another lol . thanks for doing that will let you know when I get settled. as I've said to brutus I might not get internet right off till I see how bills are but I can goto library and contact you all and let you know whats what.

the room i said in the other forum that looks to be a den to me is a nice size room man it would make one heck of train room but I rather have it as a den. its about 14' by 25' It has a door to the outside facing front of the house.

Well if we get this one will take pics and when I get internet will post them .

Oh for you not knowing whats going on sorry I'm in the process of moving to Columbia, SC as I'm supose to be being hired by the V.A Medicl center there so I'm trying to buy a house.

Everyone have a good night

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING
Dennis- its good to hear that your dog has adopted you, and your household is on the mend.
Just a lazy sunday, watched tv ate leftovers but it was fried chicken so that was good. And just had a sandwich about five. No trains just Nascar race and LPGA both on at the same time. Well tomorror being Monday everyone starts all over again so stay safe...S.J.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Evening all. RT, congrats. Just give me an address when you are settled. I'll ship. All take care of.
Raining good. Weather alert just went off. Flash flood warnings for the County. Far cry from drought months ago. Ground is still not full as springs at pond never did run like the winter before. Still got lots of good rain. CA is burning again. Home all of "ours" is OK. Good night all.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Sorry guys - forgot to post earlier. Went to camporee on Saturday morning after visiting with friends Friday night - big storm came through and decided to weather it in a house instead of in a field :rolleyes: They had to talk me into it, but it was the smarter move. Saturday was great as we got to see lots of re-enactors showing off Revolutionary War, Civil War (Chief, apparently that didn't turn out right, according to the person who was explaining things to the boys?), an early US Cavalry. Also had weapons and equipment from Vietnam and some Korean War vets with pictures and some rifles. Finally, got to check out a Blackhawk helicopter that flew up from Ft. Leonard Wood - that was neat. The boys were just going crazy. Then, we got to watch a re-enacted battle from WWII that included a lot of armored vehicles, both US and German, including a couple of US tanks. Just way cool! I took a bunch of pics on my phone, but couldn't see the screen really due to the sunlight and the pics actually show part of the phone case on the sides :curse: I'll have to crop them to remove that. Anyway, we did get home very early today - son woke up with a migraine or sinus headache and so brought him home at about 5:30 AM, then went back and broke camp. Took a while to get the stuff dried out and packed away here at home. Then, I replaced the shower head and we went out to eat at TGI Fridays, where I had a peanut butter pie (slice) and remembered a great visit with a fine gentleman! Hope you and your family are feeling better, Dennis!

Well, I'm beat - will be back tomorrow, so TTFN :thumb:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's a bracing 50 degrees at the moment and clear. The expected high will be 74.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/28/2008

Wind Chill: 47°F
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 42°F

So Far Today
High: 57°F
Low: 50°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 12mph NNE

Today High: 75 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds.

P1010002-60.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

48 F and raining as I headed out onto the roadways this morning. It looks like rain all day with a high around 64 F.

We had a busy weekend. On Saturday morning scouts from our Cub Scout Pack participated in the Darby Creek Clean-up. We cleaned about 300 feet of a tributary to the Darby Creek. In about an hour we filled eight large trash bags with junk. The boys learned about how easy it is for litter to get into the streams. They were surprised that the most common form of litter we found which accounted for about 80% of what we removed was plastic grocery store bags.

Later in the evening my son had his birthday party at the local skating rink. Needless to say we were all exhausted by the end of the night. On Sunday we went searching for hiking shoes for my wife as we prepare for our pack camping trip.

I did get to run some trains and finally finish the photo session I set up last weekend. I also cleaned the workbench off of non-train stuff that somehow collected on it.

Brutus
Your camporee sounds cool. I have seen Revolutionary and Civil War reenactments but never WWII. That had to be a sight.

Speaking of tomatoes we heard that farmers in our area especially South Jersey will be planting fewer tomatoes this year. They are planting more corn instead to sell for ethanol. As a result tomato prices are supposed to go sky high.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
A VERY brisk good morning from the Heartlands where it's 31 degrees wall1 but with bright sunshine. Freeze warnings tonight just north of us :eek:

Big time catch up day here since I've basically been gone since Thursday morning but that's OK, I'm glad I could help out when needed. My judging season will end Saturday afternoon and I'm ready for a break, I'll be in the car beginning Friday AM for a contest Friday night and then another bigger contest on Saturday which is about an hours drive from Friday night. Saturday night will find me in Cedar Falls to celebrate the Granddaughters 2nd birthday (can we say Thomas?) and then home Sunday. Should be about a 700 mile weekend, glad they pay mileage --- might cover the fuel, I will take the Camry which get's close to 30 mpg on the road.

I get to buy a water heater this morning hamr I noticed a little water underneath the unit yesterday -- 11 years old so I guess it's time, always something. There goes the "revive the economy" check that will arrive in July since my social # ends with a 99 :wave::wave:

Sadly, the only time I see the trains are on my way to the garage, I hope that changes in about two more days, they are a very patient group that make very few demands -- just like a great dog.

Enough rambling -- time to get moving.

Make it a GREAT DAY!

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. Cold here too, Jon. What's with this weather? Took in the ferns and other plants last evening. Going to start sniffing around to see if I can actually see one of the Sir Topham Hatt gatemen before i buy it. Supposedly shipped this month.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Rainning good time. Praise the Lord. Drought is about gone. Actually all the lakes are over flowing but they say ground water is still down a few inches. Speaking of water, Jon yourfamily has not done well with water lately. Sorry. Happy Birthday to Granddaughter. Got Town stuff to do. Have a great week and God bless. Off to Roanoke VA Thursday [Gander Mountain Grand Opening].

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Chief, enjoy the Winston Link museum...heard it was great.
Dropped off son at school and did some shopping this morning. Check out lady asked my bride where the suprise for our daughter was? Seems every time they go shopping without Dad, they get something.....I knew it all along, but it was funny. Wife said that Dad was here and he'll have none of that.
Brutus, that peanut butter pie sounds great! You too are a fine gentleman. Hope everyone has a good day.
God Bless,
dennis
PS: Chief, have a safe travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.