Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Morning all!

Been a while. Traveled for nearly 2 weeks straight and finally back home for a couple of weeks.

Nice sunny day here, starting at about 45 and headed towards the high 70's today - nice!

Chief - the drought looks to have really ended here. We had good rain last year, but then it stopped. But the last few weeks have brought more good soaking rains and things may be back to normal for a while. Will be looking for your report on the Link museum. I may be in the Roanoke area in the mid-June timeframe this year. BTW - What is a Gander Mountain??? BPS?

RT - good luck on the house and the new job. Keeping our fingers crossed for ya!

Jeffrey - nice pic today.

Having a lot of repairs done to the house. Too many years of deferred maintenance and now it is time to pay the piper. I have tried to get to it myself but just do not have the time. We have hired a neighbor that has a home remodeling business. Might as well give the money to someone we know. The work thay have done so far has been good quality.

Hope all are doing well.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave::wave::wave:

GanderMountain is an outdoors sports store and BPS I think is Bass Pro Shop:mrgreen:

Laz Massive pileups in the virtual world lastnight I wrecked a santa fe train:twisted: in the Trainz simulator what fun. Will have to look for a deal on the latest version of that software.

Some positive news job wise looks like they will be picking up a new customer and may call me back to work soon.:cool:

Chief and Buckeye play nicesign1

:wave::wave::wave:

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Evening all!

Just a quick stop to see everyone.

Moves about 4-yards of mulch this afternoon...only 3-more to go! Rains a commin...wind shifted, and the skys got really dark...buttoned up and will finish tomorrow.

Ordered Woodland Scenic foam roadbed to go on top of the soundboard.

Atlas GP-15 is having a real tough time getting thru the O-31 turns...even though it's rated for it.

Kurt

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
EVENING ALL
Well I had to turn the furnace on this morning, the house was getting too cold and damp. Plus its going into the 30s tonite and tomorrow nite. I',m trying to decide what things on the shelves to put away so I can look at something else for awhile but it seems once out of sight they don't get seen again. At least not for awhile anyway. I have some errands to run this week but with gas at$3.59 for reg. I wait till further in the week in case I need to add to the "do" list. Ethenol is 30 cents less but with the talk of farmers planting less corn that will raise the price of ethenol too.
Well have a good tomorrow and Brutus I know your out there someplace so I'll be at home, Or at Kurts or Dougs. TTFN....S.J.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Evening all,

Cool rainy day all day today. Temps predicted to go down to 36 tomorrow night. wall1 wall1 wall1 I thought spring was here. :thumb: Guess I will have to take in or cover some tender plants.

Had a nice chat with Don B. at lunch time today. Had to cut it short and make lunch for the three granddaughters I kept while their Mom when to eye doctor. They are moving Saturday so we will be keeping the youngest over night on Friday. At 18 mos. she is a real charmer.

Dennis, glad to hear that you are feeling better. Sounds like everyone else is good health at the moment.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Ditto, Dennis - being sick is the worst, esp when the family is sick too. Good deal on the maid, hope that works out. Polly Pockets are bad to step on, so are lego bricks. The worst for me ever was some plastic sword thing - wrenched my back hopping away from that one.

Sir James, I'm here - been busy as I had like a zillion emails to read and respond and forward. Apparently my number one hobby is now keeping up with emails!? I never realized how much correspondence I get each day. I love it though, I guess I'm more social than I thought? Kurt, Doug, are we meeting over at SJ's?

Cable keeps losing internet tonight, so will try and get this post and then move on for a while I guess. Cable is working, phone is working, so something must be jamming the wi-fi? Every once in a while this happens - maybe once a week or so?

Nice pic, Jeffrey, I agree. Doug and Sir James and Jon - it was freezing cold here today, but supposed to warm up through the week. I need a couple dry days so I can mow the lawn - it's a disgrace!

Welcome back Roy. I agree - I am going to pay someone to redo some of my siding, it's just too much for me. I hate heights for one thing and this is something you don't want to screw up in my estimation. I've got enough to do with the kids, the basement, all these plumbing jobs lately, yard work and oh yeah, my actual job!

John, I got that TCA directory in the mail - will check it out in a few minutes but it is huge! Wife remembers I signed up in May, so should be hearing something soon I believe. Thanks for the info!

Well, I'm still jet lagged from the campout. TTFN!

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Evening all. Watched some of the series Carrier on PBS TV. Pretty good. Had over 2 inches of rain in 24 hours. Some have had a lot more. I am happy. Garden growing good now. May rain again this weekend. Gander Mountain is a K-Mart style Bass Pro Shop/Cabela's. Not as fancy but good prices. O Winston Link Museum and the VA Transprotation Museum, I have visited several times. Off to bed for me. Sleep tight and God bless.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Bacon and eggs for me today.
bacon.jpg

Good morning.

Clear and 51 this morning. The sky is due to remain clear all day as we climb to a high of 81.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/29/2008

Wind Chill: 50°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 46°F

So Far Today
High: 52°F
Low: 50°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 82
Sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds.

P1010007-20.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 52 F and a cop was sitting out front this morning as I left for work. The cop was stationed at the corner to catch stop sign runners. It will go up to 60 F today.

All games were rained out last night. I did a few odds and ends around the house last evening. I also worked some on our upcoming Cub Scout Arrow of Light Ceremony. I did look over the layout and the workbench trying to decide what to tackle next. I am trying to come up with a chicken coup for the farm. I also need to add some other details to the farm area. I still have not chosen what kits or cars I will work on next from the pile.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD MORNING ALL
We started with 34 degrees, but the sun is bright so that helps warm the soul. But 32 or less tomorrow AM, suppose to go up after that and 70 by Friday. No new train news, I guess we are going off season although Lionel will start shipping their christmas stuff during the summer. Its like trying to buy a winter coat in January. Todays plans haven't been made yet so every one enjoy theirs,,,,S.J.

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
TomPM --

Last Thursday AM the local cops and the Hwy. patrol set up on our brand new freeway (after 7 years of misery) and forewarned that they were doing a crackdown, 181 citations written during the morning. It's a great road but people are being idiots, speed limit is 60 and they caught one moron doing 91 during rush hour. I hope they stay out there and simply enforce the law.

Here's an interesting link -- National Train Day in May.

Home | National Train Day

Beautiful sunshine out there but it's 31, brrr. Climbing to 70's later, YEA!

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. Sunny but cold today. Have a fancy lunch at a big downtown 'club' today and then my class tonight. Filled up the van with e85 last night as an experiment. It was 40 cents cheaper each gallon. National train day looks fun. As if I need an excuse to celebrate...

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave::wave::wave: Good morning everyone it is cool and somewhat wet out but the weekend is supposed to be sunny and warm.

As of last evening the offical weightloss is 108.6 pounds with a weight of 266 only 8 more to go and they will start me back on food:thumb: I may be in the news letter and or newspaper ad soon.:shock: Most of the people I have seen at the office have also have had good results from the diet.

More pileups in the virtual world of trainssign1

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Morning all!

Another beautiful sunny day today. Started in the 50's and heading toward 82 today.

CSXect - congrats!

As I said yesterday, I have all this work being done on my house. All soffits and eaves fascia being replaced with a concrete based "Hardie" board. New gutters. Fence being repaired and restained. Exterior being caulked and painted. New low-e front windows and new front door. Once this is done we will be replacing the carpet in the living/dining with hardwood flooring. I can tell you after watching these guys work this past week the work ain't movin at the rate of Extreme Makeover Home Edition :cry:

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Roy

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I just had one of those meetings where you have to deal with the person who can’t make a decision unless it is in black and white and can be quoted from a manual. The problem we had this morning is the situation is not covered in any manual and what was proposed did not follow common sense or anyone’s experience. His solution was to do nothing about the situation and let the designer propose something that is probably going to create an unsafe condition in future. Even after the entire room was against him he still would not relent. Of course since it is my signature that goes on the approval document the designer will be addressing our concerns to the group’s satisfaction even though it’s not in the book.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Well today the sun is in and out. Temps in the 50s and going down to the 30s tonight.

CSXect, congrats on the weight loss.

Going to work on the Train inventory the rest of the afternoon.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
CSX, congrats on the progress:thumb:. If you make your goal, will you change your screen name to NS?

Roy, I have a chance at going to a meeting in Dallas in February. I believe it is the beginning of the month. Do you think you will be in the area, or would you be heading off to colder climates? Hope to catch up and meet another of our forumites.

Have to head in on another case, but I hope everyone has a blessed day.
dennis

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Thanks everyone for the encouragement:thumb:

Both with the hobby and the diet:mrgreen:

To those who are struggling with weight loss Just keep at it and seek out those who will support your endeaver and watch out for enablers(those who are wrecking your efforts both intentionaly and unintentionly)

This weekends predicted weather has postponded my yard sale:nope: hopeing for a better week next weekend:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.