Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Howdy guys - yep, I think about trains all day, then sit down at home and spend a couple hours online talking about them while we watch shows I mostly don't like, LOL. Idol was pretty decent tonight, but the wrong girl went home for sure. My uncle (83) went in for a hernia repair and got a pacemaker thrown in the deal - he's home again and recovering well. I didn't even find out about it until yesterday.

CSXect

I don't watch much on tv anymore hate the survivor and all shows similar to it. Simpsons,King of the hill,Family guy, and American dad is about all I watch. The CSI shows are cool and even NCIS other than that there has been no good shows since the X fileswall1

Just learned today an old Industrial blight in my hood is being considered for a redevelopment into light industrial and flex use comercial park:thumb: It is the area were techniglass used to be and before that Owen illinoies with rent a $3.00 to $4.00 per sqr foot per year, hope it attracts jobs and business to the area:wave:

Chief Eagles

Well, stayed up too late watching movie [Patriot]. No, I did NOT reclinerize. Was busy until 9:30 PM getting new flat screen plasma HD TV out of box, put together and ready for Time Warner to exchange box for HD box tomorrow PM. Now off to bed,

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 69 and cloudy. Expecting a high of 84 and partly cloudy skies later today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 4/24/2008

Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 85 Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010001-56.jpg

Chief Eagles

Wow. Already back up. Could not sleep past 7:30. Will fix breakfast and snooze. Going to do some garden work before noon. Time Warner guy coming 1-3??? Then meeting at Town Hall. Optional dinner meeting at 6. Have a good one.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was a brisk 59 F as we headed out this morning. High today will be 79 F.

Notice I said we this morning. The kids are with me today as it is Bring Your Child to Work Day. In the morning they will tour the building and do a group activity. In the afternoon we’ll take them out to look at a wetlands creation site.

No modeling last night. We had Cub Scout Pack meeting.

I hope everybody has a good day.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the sun is shinning with Blue Clear Skies on the North Coast!

Yesterday we has some business on the west side of town, so after busines, we did some railfanning. what a great day.

47b8da05b3127ccea8fa01595fc200000027108IZMmrFwxbA

So how much does it cost to file up! :eek:

47b8da05b3127ccea8fa01fade5100000027108IZMmrFwxbA

Boss - what is the credit limit on our gas card!

dwiemer

Chief, good luck on the cable guy showing up on time....hope it happens, but I have often waited, then when we went to Sat. no wait.

Anyway, went home about 1830, I took some tylenol cold medicine. Woke up about 2030, ate a PBJ sandwich and then right back to sleep till 0600. I still feel bad, but not as bad as yesterday. Need to knock this stuff out.

Did manage to watch an episode of Toy Trains from DVR while kids were getting bath and I was eating sandwich. That is about all train related. Hope to jump on things this weekend. Have a very important dinner coming up. May have some news.....till then,
God Bless,
Dennis

cnw1995

Afternoon all. I think about trains all the time too. Read somewhere that the UP is the largest consumer of diesel in the US - beat out the US Navy. Hate to see their fuel bill. Got a 'ticket' from the outsourced parking lot company that shows I owe them .25 cents. They're wrong of course. Their fee: $25. Of course no one picks up their phone. Gotta shake my head on this one.

jefelectric

Jeffery awsome freight car never seen one like it before:thumb:

Those all door cars were used back about the 50s & 60s as I remember. They were used to haul much the same items (building materials) as the spline flat cars haul today. Back then they didn't wrap the product like they do now. Had an HO kit of one back then, think it might have been by Ambroid.

CSXect

Thanks John for the info.

Well completed two tasks for the day cleared out a room in my basement was full of paneling and odd bits of wood and other demolishion debreis:nope: also got 2nd table half way built and have no more recycled wood have to go by the restwall1

jefelectric

Got my new TCA Quarterly - great magazine!
Yes it is.

Brutus, I just got my TCA Directory today. On page 82 they list the confirmed and tentative conventions for the next 6 years after 2008. 2009 is to be in Phoenix. Jean and I are planning to make that one if all goes well for the next year. You might like the 2013 site. 2010 is to be in Baltimore so will probably make that one as well.

Brutus

John, is it in St. Louis?! I just got the Quarterly, still waiting for the Directory I guess. I wonder when they will bill me for 2008 membership? I never did follow up with the local chapter, need to do that - just have a lot going on with the kids.

Jeffrey, neat car and hope your neck is better, ouch!

Doug, good deal on the ticket!

Dennis, keep us posted and hope you are feeling better too.

Chief, let us know how your tv turns out, good luck!

CSX - look around for some construction and ask if you can have cut-offs or scrap

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Got the big tomato plants in the garden. Used posthole digger to transplant them. They were taller than the baskets I put around them. Got stackers on top of baskets now.

Just got back from a very conserative group's dinner [Eastern NC vinegar base pork]. Had to do a little speach on the school property buying thing.

Jeffrey, get better.

Going to rest. Have a great night and sleep tight. God bless.

sir james

EVENING ALL
Well we had a 70 degree day,but windy. No windows open today and no exciting news, but wanted to say Hi anyway. HI,,have a good tomorrow...S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 68 this morning and I'm hearing something that wasn't in the forecast yesterday. Thunderstorms! Expecting a high of 82 today under a partly cloudy sky.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/25/2008

Wind Chill: 68°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 69°F
Low: 67°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 10mph NNE

Today High: 85 A slight chance of a shower or thunderstorm early..otherwise partly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain is less than 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

P1010018-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.