Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Well, I finished the other nacelle this morning and the darn thermal laser print cracked again even tho I heated it before bending. so I marker'd the breaks and glued them on anyway. Next is to run the wires thru the top of the secondary hull and then into and thru the locking mechanism so it doesn't sag on the struts. then some LEDs on the shuttle bay area and close off the secondary hull and begin the neck.

Have any pics of this, that you could share?

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
I think I did show photos of this technique, but it might have been a very long time ago. For paper purists, whose side I favor, you can use wood glue or pulp to install tissue strips and laminate the curves into a solid piece. It's basically paper mache' but a little more paper-only orientated. I will try to remember next time I push mold something to show the step-by-step process unless someone beats me to it!!

spaceagent-9

I have been very sick with a stomach flu all week. I haven't done that much on anything, but the black hot glue just smears way to much on the seams. I think that black duct tape behind the seam will block light leaks just fine. Sorry just got to go lay down.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am sorry to hear that you are not well. I have that you feel better soon!!!

spaceagent-9

1639419587712.png

I put those plastic light filters, i crushed up from plastic LED christmas bulbs. I have to black tape over them for the shuttle bay light leak on the seam. Also going to give my mods on this big 'ol Spindrift from Gary Pilsworth, with lights and sound, burnt orange poster paper, interior[?] and lights with thruster sound, possibly a fan too blowing out the back thru poked in holes.

1639419755642.png

spaceagent-9

Seems like everything I do is wrong. the tail lights are too dim to see, I'm just going to wrap this up and get it over with and try again.

spaceagent-9

I found out why the taillights aren't visible. The glue wasn't completely clear of the black hot glue. Apparently, even a small amount of a mix like that makes the entire glue drop opaque. For whatever that is worth.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
I found out why the taillights aren't visible. The glue wasn't completely clear of the black hot glue. Apparently, even a small amount of a mix like that makes the entire glue drop opaque. For whatever that is worth.

That's good information to share!

Thanks!