Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Well I keep trying to get a picture of the purple/blue hand phaser beam, but the beam isn't strong enough? or the saturation of the smoke effect doesn't light it up enough. owell, trust me, its really cool. (LOL). When I wanted half a plastic egg clear, cut in half thru the middle-^_ for the Gerry Anderson UFO craft, all the Easter eggs were cut in half length wise. Now that I want a Spindrift bubble plastic Easter egg, they are all top to bottom-^_ ?!?!??! It happens every time. I remember once I wanted to get a glow in the dark plastic dinosaur, saw them all the time, but when I went to go buy one, none were to be found. But I did start my Romulan warbird project, enlarged to about a foot and a half wide possibly, maybe smaller but not by much. Happy President's day!!

spaceagent-9

Ok. Plodding along. most of the really big spindrift had huge gaps, and I had to redraw the entire model. I have to have Gary Pilsworth ok all this before I post the pages, as it has changed so dramatically. Also here is that Romulan ship from the Aurora show. If anyone has the belly bird form the classic bop from picard, I would appreciate it as I want to make a model of that.

100_1765.JPG
romschem.jpg

spaceagent-9

Working on a enlargement of a stng rom warbird, the crummy one everyone hates. Also the Ron Caudillo 1701 enlargement. The black tape works out, but I think its better to print black negative on the back side of the hull sheets. Probably just going to go with this for now. pics soon.

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Ok. Plodding along. most of the really big spindrift had huge gaps, and I had to redraw the entire model. I have to have Gary Pilsworth ok all this before I post the pages, as it has changed so dramatically. Also here is that Romulan ship from the Aurora show. If anyone has the belly bird form the classic bop from picard, I would appreciate it as I want to make a model of that.

You mean this HERE is a BIG one...
and these smaller ones include the top which is usually ignored...

JTG-001-1.jpgJTG-001-2.jpg

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Just stumbled on this thread. Sorry I missed the progress.

I am really impressed. That looks great!

It looks to be the same scale as the filming model seen being handled by the giants in several episodes. What was the enlargement scale you used if I may ask?

Great Job!!!

spaceagent-9

Well, I had to adjust to the paper size, and go with what wasn't just chopping the model up to pieces. Then make a stencil out of the pieces and use poster paper to create the parts. There are a lot of errors, believe me, but I learned. So, because of page limitations, I would say that I had to enlarge each piece into a quarter size and hope it fit, or lower the enlargement. I ended up at about 160x %. some thing like this;
spin2.jpg so I have no real hard number on that, but I will since i have to recolor and do some mods. With Ron's big 1701, all Ihad to do was enlarge each piece by 500 and they all came out nicely.

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Please keep me updated. I want to build one of these. I have a plastic one at 1:28th scale. This big fella would look great next to it.

Have a great day!

spaceagent-9

There are a few fiberglass ones that are available and one coming out that will be a lot cheaper than 15oo bucks. Also a 3d printed one is available but very expensive.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I have a 13" x 19" printer, it's a nice ship, and I always like big models anyway, so I'll take what I can get. ;)