Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I always thought that ship would look better with those nacelles down, not blocking everyone's view. Too late now, it's canon. O' fini me boni belly, Domni four biscuits Beni selli all his dominos. ;)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
yes,
I always thought that ship would look better with those nacelles down,

Yes, I like the next step say, right before the KD7 trade off, being a non-cloaking Centurion wings down, green globes and green disruptors.

So- I found some ''Washii'' tape from Scotch tape, I guess its a fabric tape? It's black and holds well to card stock. Two layers -no bleed thru, one layer- on a solid gray card sheet is also no bleed thru. This might work well. If not, I will have to print Ron's 1701 hull exterior on grey paper and try again. No pics today.

83330148_634722957273486_3404508369518592000_o.jpgOIP.jpg Romulan color codes---- purple, steel, black, gold, blue. Just for this version of the ROMBOP, ''Balence of terror''.

spaceagent-9

The black fabric tape works! I have to make a light box with a white diffuser top to lay the print on so the windows can be seen and then lay the tape in around. A candy box with thick walls and white card stock with a flash light inside should do the trick.

spaceagent-9

tos_romulan_wallpaper_by_carthoris.jpgrbop bot multi.png

How about a red blurry plasma torp printed on a clear acetate sheet with the model
glued to it or a red led in the nose of the ship for a mount, with a star scene behind?
lol.
It's just a thought.

spaceagent-9

ARRRRRGH!!
The light box worked alright, but the model print was completely washed out, so I can use it to lay in the tape.
What I came up with was a plastic flossing stick that I clipped off to size to use as a punch and punch in the windows
and then flip it over and lay in the black fabric stips of tape around them. Pictures to follow tomorrow.

spaceagent-9

the pictures wont show the punch windows, I guess because its all white. so I will tape it up and post the lighted test. a whole bunch of medical going on this last 7 days. but I recolored some Romulan bops and also Rawen posted some of his tos ships that have been reworked. they look pretty nice.

spaceagent-9

Here is a little progress I have made.
The red poster paper is available at the Dollar Tree, and I cut the tabs from scrap and used hot glue to paste them on.
The window framing with the black tape passed the test of time, how long it would stay adhered to the paper.
So now my engine is revved up and I am ready to get on these projects.

spindrift build pic 272020.png

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's exciting! I would use a red LED. As for the torpedo: You could use a simple red piece of transparent sheet. Then cut out a blurry shape and mount it on a clear rod. The rod is glued to a wooden base or such, painted black. So you avoid the printing completely, have a consistent colour and may move the torpedo effect around.

p1.jpg

You also may make the effect pseudo three dimensional by using a second plate which is inserted into the first one similar to the famous wood kits for children:

p2.jpg

You may anhance the pseudo 3-D effect by adding more irregularly shaped plates:

p3.jpg

Or you go all-in and use a full three dimensional torpedo made of clear sheet with a red LED inside. ;)

spaceagent-9

Oh I like that! I was going with this design, but this 3d one is pretty cool!
On this one I have currently, the bop would slide in behind and be able to slide out and stand alone.
Yours looks like it can do that also.

qasdfghjk.l.png

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ah, I tried to make a fully 3D one, too, which would look a lot like this. Basically an irregular sphere with spikes around it and a longer tail at the end. Here are some flatties for you to play with:

photon effect.png

For the quick sketch I used the same shape for the "petals". I think the effect may be improved by using different shapes.

spaceagent-9

I will be posting here at Zealot-three sizes as soon as I complete the build pics, and notify Gary Pilsworth. I will be enlarging the aft thruster panel and cutting off the thruster panel section, so that the enlargement will fit the next sectional aft hull part. So it will be shorter, more like the blue prints of the actual hero model. Gary's model is perfect and I dont want any dispersions put on it because of my mod, i am just making one to suit my own neurotic need.

69287678_10215619452262851_3356359187675217920_n.jpg

Last edited: