Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Messing around with this, got it finalized now. But darn! those little flaws look as big as a house!!
I put the video link up again so you can see the led effects better. That green battery box is for 2 AA batteries
to show how big this is.

Still cutting up the lite boxes on the big 1701.

Also working on a Lost in Space laser pistol with lites and sound.

100_1910.JPG

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Saw this, thought you might like it. Note that it floats on a magnet.
Also, still working on the rims part of the 1701 saucer. trying new material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Saw this, thought you might like it. Note that it floats on a magnet.
Also, still working on the rims part of the 1701 saucer. trying new material.
I have thought about making a Thunder Fighter and doing this with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I have tried to find the threads about Jan Rukker's space racers as I thought that these guys would be great contestants! what do you think?
A few updates into light speed capacity and off they go!

My brain kicked in, it's Jan Rukr Astro racers!

1606494169252.png

Last edited:

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Got the lights up on the rim finally. Next- The Saucer. Unfortunately, the printing on the back of the rim parts came out a faded purple instead of black. I will simply buy more black ink for future projects I guess.

1607113977521.png

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I have to admire that, its the 6 footer right?
No, I am working on lighting the old Revell re-pop of the original Monogram TOS Galactica. Cheap dollar store leds, and an old AMT Ertl fiber optic kit. I may scratch build some extra details, but right now, I'm in too much pain to sit at my workbench and do anything.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I know what you mean. I stopped taking my arthritis meds except at night and the weakness in my back went away. It hurt more but at least I could walk again. I guess I reached a saturation point and was simply relaxing my muscles too much. if you search blinkylights or blinking body lights you can find a website that has great blue blinking earrings that twist on for the aft major thrusters. If you are skilled with soldering, you can attach the unit thru the battery part and run it with the rest of the lighting.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I know what you mean. I stopped taking my arthritis meds except at night and the weakness in my back went away. It hurt more but at least I could walk again. I guess I reached a saturation point and was simply relaxing my muscles too much. if you search blinkylights or blinking body lights you can find a website that has great blue blinking earrings that twist on for the aft major thrusters. If you are skilled with soldering, you can attach the unit thru the battery part and run it with the rest of the lighting.
I have already sorted the thrusters, and am now trying to work on basic assembly for running wires and fiber optics, then main aassembly and paint...

Thrusters lit up.
20200925_224932_01_resized.jpg

I am a Master Plumber, and soldering is like second nature to me, but I need a decent soldering iron. and funds are tight now that I'm on disability.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That levitatiing moon is interesting but that they could not figure out how to keep the bottom from being dark, (to hold the repelling magnets and induction coils for the LEDs), kills the concept. Not bad for $20 bucks, but not worth any more than that. IMHO :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I have already sorted the thrusters, and am now trying to work on basic assembly for running wires and fiber optics, then main aassembly and paint...

Thrusters lit up.
View attachment 189529

I am a Master Plumber, and soldering is like second nature to me, but I need a decent soldering iron. and funds are tight now that I'm on disability.

That thruster assembly looks great!!! I have noticed that there are hardly any good soldering guns, I guess I used to buy mine at radio shack but they are gone now. Let me look.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Hit a Tag Sale, and try and find a "Weller" soldering base, with solder want. One that has a temperature base is even better. I picked up a real beauty for $15 bucks a couple of years ago. That unit would be in the $100's today. Even a regular wand can be found for $4 bucks. They have better tips than the new junk they make, which will not tin and only apply heat. I would recommend a solder sucker, it's a wand with a heaterd end that has a hole on the end that heats up. you squeeze the ball, and when you need to remove solder or remove some solder, the releasing causes the molten solder to get sucked up. I have obtained them for free when people though they were no good. All you do is put them over a propane stove, and the solder inside the tube melts, and you just blow it out, voila, new solder sucker.

The one below is #14.88, though the shipping is $8 bucks. I'd try to find one locally, if you have any electronic shops. ;)

Link = https://www.showmecables.com/desold...MIkNyjrrHC7QIVhNzICh2jbg94EAQYBiABEgLnZPD_BwE

solder sucker.jpg