Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Had a good time with Ron C this last week, always nice when he visits. He gave me a metal earth Kylo Ren shuttle. I don't know if I should build it or keep it in the package and save it as a collector's item!
Worked a little more on the rim parts for the Ron C giant 1701, will post pics later.
I was walking home from the store with packages I got Christmas shopping for my family of 12-
when some black dude in a silver 2 door car took the corner I was crossing at going about 30 mph, almost rolled right into a special kids school on the other side of the street, missed me by about 6 feet.
He was laughing and gunned it out of there, he was being chased by a young white guy in a huge 6 wheeler black truck, who pulled over and called the cops while I passed by.
I noticed his truck was all scraped on the front driver's side bumper.
I am also working on a kylo ren tie fighter since no one has made one for papercrafters, don't know how good it will be yet.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Hi
Well, I have made some progress on the large 1701 by Ron Caudillo, spent some time with him lately, and just want to say what a great guy he is.
I need to set up the pieces to shoot some pics of them.
Meanwhile, this Kylo Ren Silencer and his command shuttle have captured my heart, it just looks too cool!
Ron gave me a Metal Earth shuttle and I looked it up and also saw this fighter, Raven Blaack gave me the google sketch up file and I took some views. it looks like it will be pretty simple to draw up the parts in MSPaint, converting them into actual parts might be difficult, but that's why we do it isn't it?!

kylo ren silencer google sketch up multiview.pngkylo ren tie fighter sketchup.png

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Unfortunately, a clear failure with the enlarged 1701 by Ron C. As I feared, the card stock is way too thin and worbles on every join. I need to use poster paper which means a whole new round of ink cartridges, and I would be better off if I had them printed at staples or something on 11x17'' poster paper. This is very disappointing, all that hard work and the answer is NO. So I will move on and spend another year on this project using the correct weight paper. pics of the failure soon.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I fully understand what you are going through with this project. I have had to deal with this sort of thing myself with other projects that I have worked on. I am looking forward to seeing you complete it. I have faith and confidence that you will.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I'm very sorry for that. I hope that your next build will be more pleasant.
I learned. The heavier paper will change it all for the better, only I might have to go ahead and follow my instinct and go with the 11'' X 17'' size. That means a new lot of pages and part allocations for the larger print. The dollar tree poster paper sheets should hold their shape much better.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Things to do...
take my thick poster paper to staples and have them print to Ron's recolor on to 11x17 print size on it. That will come close to the size of the original small prop.
I have to keep redesigning the Kylo Ren Silencer until I feel it looks right.
This Planet of the Apes TV series Probe 6 modified from The shipwreck Icarus by Jan Rukr [yes I have his permission]pota probe 6-1.jpg.[[[distorted by request]]]
also, a Lost in Space 2nd season laser pistol I have to resize for a light and sound effect.

1608578572422.png

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
MAN!
I really recommend getting a big cup of coffee or your pleasure and take 15 minutes tomorrow morning and watch all the media we got here. Spectacular builds! Very Enjoyable!!

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Too true. The level of craftmanship displayed in this forum, makes me so proud to be a member. My own skills are slowly coming back, but the shaking means my painting will never be like it once was, I can't even make a straight line with my airbrush anymore. :( But I can mask and paint, and my mini's will just look a little cross-eyed.
I love watching you figure out how to build the models you do, and I can't wait to see the HUge TOS Enterprise done one day.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Well, I have the RC 1701 recolor on a flash drive I carry with me. and all I gotta do is get to metro area and the dollar tree and staples are right there. I can purchase the poster paper, that is thick, and print it out at 11x17 and hope that will do it. I'm sorry that your hands shake, my health goes up and down. Strengthening my core now with isometric exercises. Hang in there bro!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I have a bureau full of Lego parts I purchased from tag sales. Really hard to find parts too. Probably 3 feet of track. People would put garbage bags fully of Lego's for $10 bucks. I purchased them all, and my son and I build all manner of things. I haven't touched them in years. I have an enclosed porch I may be setting up for a hobby/computer room. I'll have to share it with my wife's plants. ;)

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
I have a bureau full of Lego parts I purchased from tag sales. Really hard to find parts too. Probably 3 feet of track. People would put garbage bags fully of Lego's for $10 bucks. I purchased them all, and my son and I build all manner of things. I haven't touched them in years. I have an enclosed porch I may be setting up for a hobby/computer room. I'll have to share it with my wife's plants. ;)
Sounds really cool! I like the idea of the hobby room, will be a nice place to go to escape and relax. Plants are another good hobby.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
When my two kids are finished with there schools and they have there own place I will have two spare rooms.
For sure one of them is gone be mine. I will even start an in house war to get that room :eek: