Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
It's a big one, about 11 inches. I am still working on a better one, like a game ripp kind of.

Hey RB, we should start a thread on that, best tips or something.

And now for something completely different....
Meanwhile here is a shark attack.

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
I think I will, I mean, I plan on making more foam core starships with lights in the future. I have started my air dry clay dino's already and tho I have much need to improve, i am happy with the results. I don't know what kind of paint to use on the air dry clay tho.
Acrylic...cheap-o-Walmart...they have sets of basic colors that are pretty cheap.

spaceagent-9

Thanks Gandolf50,, I was thinking that, maybe old school poster paint, but as you know, things that are accepted standards have independent variants.

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Thanks Gandolf50,, I was thinking that, maybe old school poster paint, but as you know, things that are accepted standards have independent variants.

You could use poster paint...but a few problems with it ...Getting it to stick..and after it is stuck..you should cover with an acrylic varnish of some sort to stop it from Flaking off...acrylic is more versatile in the fact you can add matte or glossy permanent varnish that smooths and protects...Liquitex makes both...from a Hobby Lobby or such. I use it to add a matte finish as well as a reducer for airbrushing...

spaceagent-9

Well, here we go, a few trembling steps into the inevitable. Top hull support circle, needs center hole and shield cut outs for the white leds. Same with the running led lights and portholes on the side rims that go around the entire saucer. the ventral ring also will need running led light holes. That's right, popsicle sticks. A genuine garage scratch build tip from the 1950s!
100_1890.JPG

spaceagent-9

I'm going extremely slow at the saucer rim. I really want to avoid mistakes and do things the verified right way. What I have mulled over in my mind for days is that I should attach the light block rim edge to the upper saucer plate first, instead of attaching the underside rim support ring parts. This will give me a more precise alignment of the under ring parts to the edge. I will have to adjust for the window ports as I go along.

100_1895.png

spaceagent-9

Managed to do a little more on this. Been very sick, just starting to get better. They changed all my diabetes and heart meds all around. Now they want me to drink a gallon of water a day, an impossible task from a bunch of quacks that should know I want to eat steak and pizzas and a full breakfast in my last moments. Oh well I guess it's oatmeal and water instead lol. These doc's are as bad as rivet counters.

RONS 1701 9242020 BUILD PIC.JPG

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
My Doctor may have to change all my pain meds, I don't want a higher dose of opioids, but they are all that work for my pain, but it's a battle keeping at the lowest dose to still be functioning... My Lumbar radiculopathy is spreading out from my trunk and down both legs, and both arms. so eventually I'll be a quadriplegic waiting for someone to stick another spoon in my mouth, and clean my diaper... not a good long term prognosis.

spaceagent-9

I know Micah, why cant I just get younger? Actually I am feeling pretty good today everybody, thank you for the sympathy. I had to use dandelion extract for my nerve pain and it worked good. Just got old, creakin' ana cracklin' along.:)