Sacral architecture

mikezax

Církvice bell tower (Czech republic)

Scale: 1:150
Author: Ondřej Hejl
Publisher: Set of postcards No.1 - model number 6.

...a few words about the original:

The bell tower at the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary is the only preserved half-timbered building of this type in the Czech lands. The building was probably built at the same time as the church in the early 18th century. In the 19th century, the classic filling was replaced with brick, while the appearance of the windows also changed.

cirkvice.jpg

My edits:
I cut through the windows on the turret and added a bell, I finished the pad ... a few photos:

DSCN8497.jpgDSCN8502.jpgDSCN8504.jpgDSCN8507.jpg

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Lovely little building, and a nice look into the history of the objects.

mikezax

Thank you:), I made the raised plinth on which the bell tower stands from polystyrene. For the first time I used a polystyrene resistance cutter, which is a great thing that I will definitely use in the future when creating terrain;)

mikezax

Vlkolínec - bell tower (Slovakia)

Scale : 1:60
Author : ing. Ladislav Jakubčo, Baj
Source : Fifík 12/2021 (Annex Slovenské NAJ)

A few words about the original:

- wooden log bell tower is one of the dominants of Vlkolínec
- is the oldest building in Vlkolínec, it was built in 1770
- in the past, its ringing was used to announce important events (fire and other dangers, funeral, worship, end of fasting…)
- it also served as a timekeeper, as it rang three times a day: morning, lunch and evening
- is more than seven meters high
- has a stone foundation on which there is a log base
- has a wooden shingle roof
- At the top of the roof is a wooden cross
- there is a bell in the bell tower
- The bell tower is a national cultural monument.

Photo of a real building:

vlkolinec real.jpg

My edits:

I modified the upper part, which is why I had to make a simple interior with a bell, I added a cross and I made a simple pad.

A few photos:

DSCN8562.jpgDSCN8568.jpgDSCN8570.jpgDSCN8572.jpg

mikezax

The Timoney Bell (Lahardane, Ireland)

Scale : 1:?
Author : Zax
Source : author's model

We have Easter here and at the same time today we commemorate the 110th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, so I prepared something special ... and why Timoney Bell?

Timoney Bell 4.jpg

... a few words about the original:
Timoney Bell was donated to St. Patrick's Church in Lahardan in 1940 by the great Gaelic scholar Michael Timoney. Today, the bell is the focal point of the annual # Addergoole14, which takes place every year on April 15. The bell rings in memory of 14 passengers from the parish of Addergoole who were on the RMS Titanic when it sank.

Timoney Bell titanic zvon.gifstavba DSCN8615.jpg

I built this model myself according to a few photos I found on the net. (mostly taken from the video) Since everything is done just by guessing it didn't turn out so bad even though there are bugs ... it's a completely colored model, I tried to keep the proportions and as much detail as possible of the original-details on the functional parts of the bell tower, reliefs on the pillars, bells ... there are 14 lanterns that are used in the real ceremony ... in conclusion,
I just wish everyone a pleasant Easter well-being in the circle of family and loved ones... ;) a few photos :

DSCN8616.jpgDSCN8622.jpgDSCN8631.jpgDSCN8634.jpgDSCN8639.jpgDSCN8643.jpgDSCN8647.jpgDSCN8650.jpgDSCN8653.jpgDSCN8658.jpgDSCN8690.jpgDSCN8717.jpg

mikezax

Thanx :)

Bell tower in the village Podzámčok (Slovakia)

Scale : 1:87
Author : Michal Vršanský, Tomáš Hrebík
Source : Vystřihovánky vTOM, free model

The wooden bell tower from 1868 with a square floor plan stands by the church of St. John the Baptist on a hill in the middle of the village Podzámčok. There is a bell from the Baroque period, from 1782 by Ján Juraj Knobloch from Banská Bystrica. National cultural monument declared in 2000. Photo of the real building:

Podzámčok_-_Zvonica_-1.jpg

My edits:
I cut windows and railings and made a simple pad. A few photos:

DSCN9598.jpgDSCN9601.jpgDSCN9608.jpgDSCN9616.jpg

mikezax

Thanx :)

Chapel of St. Joseph (Czech republic)
(Kestřany chapels)

Author : Marián Hlaváč, Miroslav Gabriel
Source : MiGas and MED, 2019

Chapel of St. Jozefa is a niche chapel from the beginning of the 19th century in the local part of Chotěbořice. Photo of the real building:

Kestrany-kaplnka sv.Jozefa.jpg

The model was published in the Kestřanské kaplnky notebook, which contains 6 chapels plus 2 variants, so a total of 8 chapels can be built. I started with the chapel of St. Joseph. It's a small model with a few parts, so I added at least a door according to a real model and a figurine.

My edits:
I added a door according to the real model, including locks, a figure and I made a simple pad. A few photos:

DSCN9620.jpgDSCN9625.jpgDSCN9631.jpgDSCN9645.jpg

mikezax

Thanks, I will add another micromodel right away ;)

The pillar of God (Czech republic)
(Kestřany chapels)

The pillar of God from the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries are located at
the end of the village near the exit to Dobev. Photo of the real building:

pilirova bozi muka sCjS30.jpg

The second model from the Kestřan chapel series.

DSCN9660.jpg

My edits:
No modifications, I added a figure and made a simple pad. A few photos:

DSCN9650.jpg
DSCN9653.jpg
DSCN9659.jpg
DSCN9662.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
We have war memorials in our town of 26K people. It was really small, but this memorial has become disturbingly large with names, as these young kids gave their lives in service to our country(?) for wars that we seem to have abandoned unresolved. They heeded the call, and are honored and respected for it. It's just a small town, and for a couple of months, it seemed like some one was dying every week. Who likes war.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Try visiting a Civil War Battlefield, and counting the names. 20,000 or so killed at the seige of Vicksburg...

mikezax

The God's pillar of st. Matthew (Czech republic)
(Kestřany chapels)

The pillar of God from the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries which are located in the fields to the east of the village. It is a two model in unrepaired and repaired condition.

My edits:
No modifications, I added a figure and made a simple pad. A few photos:

Original state:

DSCN9863.jpgDSCN9865.jpgDSCN9867.jpgDSCN9874.jpg

Fixed Status:

DSCN9877.jpgDSCN9883.jpgDSCN9940.jpgDSCN9906.jpg

Kestřany chapels completed so far:

Kestrany - 4 DSCN9890.jpg

mikezax

Chapel of St. Wolfgang (Czech republic)
(Kestřany chapels)

Chapel of St. Wolfganga is a Baroque niche chapel from the end of the 17th century in Na Volfánku forest.
The model was published in the Kestřanské kaplnky notebook, which contains 6
chapels plus 2 variants, so a total of 8 chapels can be built.
My edits:
i added a figure and made a simple pad. A few photos:

DSCN0020.jpgDSCN0022.jpgDSCN0032.jpgDSCN0037.jpgDSCN0038.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I really like these little chapels! You have done a FANTASTIC JOB on all of them!
Thank you for sharing them with us!