Sacral architecture

mikezax

Chapel of the Virgin Mary in Košolná (Slovakia)

Scale : 1:100
Author : Tomáš Hrebík
Source : Vystřihovánky vTOM, free model

I did not find out much about this chapel, only that it is located on the edge of the village, according to the inscription on the chapel, it was probably built in 1824. Photo of the real building:

401px-Košolná_chapel.jpg

My edits:

I added a cross and made a pad. I originally planned a smaller mat, but when I saw the 2 trees in front of the chapel, I really liked it, so I enlarged it a bit to fit it there. Although they covered the chapel quite a bit, it looks quite nice. A few photos:

DSCN7232.jpgDSCN7237.jpgDSCN7247.jpgDSCN7254.jpg

mikezax

Thanx ;)

The bell tower in Marček (Slovakia)
village Svederník, local part Marček

Scale : 1:100

The bell tower is built in the oldest part of Marček and together with the wooden houses it creates an original locality of folk architecture. The building is brick from the beginning of the 19th century with a pyramidal roof. At the corner was a niche with a wooden statue of St. Florián - the patron saint of firefighters from the 18th century, which was stolen after 1989. Photo of the real building:

xDSC_7363.jpg

My edits:
I cut the windows, added the bell, made a simple pad. A few photos:

DSCN7296.jpgDSCN7298.jpgDSCN7301.jpgDSCN7306.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think I have found out the secret behind your builds: The base! ;) The model looks so much more natural with all the grass, trees and soil around it. It adds life to it and makes the final result even more appealing. Great job, Mike! :)

mikezax

To: Revell-Fan
That's why I make models with a pad, it's more work with it, but it looks much better ;)

Wayside shrine at Boletice, Czech Republic

Scale : 1:60

I didn't find out much about this chapel, only that it is located near the church in Boletice. Photo of the real building:

Boletice_ve_vojenském_újezdu_Boletice._(012).jpg

My edits:
I added flowers and made a simple pad. A few photos:

DSCN7330.jpgDSCN7335.jpgDSCN7337.jpgDSCN7344.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The layering of the roof is superb and brings it very close to the real thing. You could start making miniature props for filming! ;):)

mikezax

Thanx, The upper part of the chapel let me take over, mainly because it is very small ... (dimensions of the chapel are 25x20x50 mm) ;)

mikezax

Thank you, I like these buildings and also their history, if I find something about the building on the Internet, I will like to write it in the description ... as in the next chapel ;)

Chapel on Štrčková (Velké Karlovice-Czech republic)

Scale : 1:60
Author : Michal Vršanský

The chapel was built in 1915 by Petr Bukovjan as a thank you for surviving the First World War. In 1999 it was repaired by the Sedlák brothers from Jezerný. The chapel has an unusual oval floor plan. There is a statuette of the Virgin Mary in the display case. On the left side of the chapel is a wooden cross. Photo of the real building:

strckova_5-1.jpg

The Building without modifications, added pad, a few photos:

DSCN7355.jpgDSCN7357.jpgDSCN7381.jpgDSCN7384.jpg

mikezax

Thanx ;)

Chapel Stráň - Kotrčina Lúčka (Slovakia)

Scale : 1:87

The chapel is located between the villages of Kotrčiná Lúčka in the district of Žilina and Horný Vadičov in the district of Kysucké nové mesto. Photo of the real building:

Stran - Kotrcina Lucka-11785949.jpg

The Building without modifications, added pad, a few photos:

DSCN7411.jpgDSCN7416.jpgDSCN7419.jpgDSCN7422.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Beautiful!! I wish we had chapels like this everywhere here in the U.S.. I have to check with the Town Zoning to see if I could put up such a think. It couldn't be a building, but there must be a bylaw that allows you to express your faith?

mikezax

Thank you, the chapels have been built here mainly in the past, and there are good people who repair these monuments. ;)

Chapel of St. Cross, called Pustyňa (Starý Bohumín-Czech republic)

The chapel earned the popular name Pustyňa because of the hermitage, which grew up in 1756 in its immediate vicinity. It was built and inhabited by two Hermit hermits - brother Antonín and brother Felix from III. of the Order of St. Francis of Assisi. However, the order, which the two men entered, was abolished on the basis of an imperial decree in 1782, and with it all hermitages. The Bohumín one disappeared in the second half of the 19th century. - The chapel is listed. - The chapel and the land below it belong to the town of Bohumín, which had it repaired in 2012. Photo of the real building:

12.jpg

My edits:
No adjustments, I just added a pad ... A few photos:

DSCN7509.jpgDSCN7511.jpgDSCN7513.jpgDSCN7515.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
These are all so pittoresque! I have some smaller chapels nearby and am thinking of putting them on my todo list. The picture of the real thing makes your models even more attractive and helps tremendously to appreciate what you are doing. I love it! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Your builds of these chapels are AMAZING! I like how the roofs look like they are layered.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Can these be downloaded from somewhere? These look so good.

mikezax

Chapel of St. Ján Nepomucký (Nezbudská Lúčka - Slovakia)

The exact date when the Chapel of St. Ján Nepomucký, built on a hill above Nezbudská Lúčka, is perhaps forever shrouded in mystery. However, it is believed that its origins date back to the 19th century, when rafting spread on the Váh River. What is known is that it was built by rafters to protect them from water accidents. It is said that it was in that part of Váh, above which the chapel stands today, various accidents often occurred. The rafters dedicated the chapel to their patron St. Ján Nepomucký. In 2014, with the help of good people, it was repaired. Photo of the real building:

xDSC_2977.jpg

My edits:
without modification , made a simple pad. A few photos:

DSCN7534.jpgDSCN7537.jpgDSCN7540.jpgDSCN7544.jpg