Paper Jams

shadree

Jul 29, 2021
South Australia
deviantart.com
PTJ-logo-temp-02b.png

Since September last year, I have been hosting Paper Jams, which are like game jams but for papercraft. It's been met with mixed success.

We are now up to PJ#005 "Redline Racers" and it is the third jam "hosted" on itch.io. https://itch.io/jam/paper-jam-005

Most of the discussion and activity has been happening on the Discord but if anyone is interested and wants to know more, I'm happy to answer any queries.

They have a PT Wiki entry for reference: https://papertoys.fandom.com/wiki/Paper_Jams.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I put my first project up:

;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Unfortunately I was unable to attend the Deep Sea Jam. I had a subject (the Monarch submarine from "Godzilla") but the texture was so bad that I was unable to pull it off in the desired time frame. I still have the model and may finish it one day. It's really easy to assemble but the texture needs to be redrawn completely and since my PC was occupied with streaming there was no chance to do it then. ;)

Godzilla-2-MonarchSubmarine.jpg

Nevertheless, I may have something for the Armour Up! theme but I'll have to see how it goes. It's something which has been on the list for quite some time. I'll tell you in the threads. ;)

shadree

Jul 29, 2021
South Australia
deviantart.com
I'm gonna copy-paste my idea for the theme for your reference:

Create a base figure that "powers up" by donning armour.
Either something like plate mail or something from Tokosatsu (Sentai, Metal Heroes etc) or riding a mech that looks like an upgrade of the base figure (eg rider mech, Gridman etc).

Mecha: Battletech [Tyco], Gaia from Godmars, Gridman, Denkou Choujin (or Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad), Mega Man ride armour, Ninja Steel Megazord, the way Teknoman transforms, Transformers Energon: Super Optimus Prime. (I wish I could remember that one where there's a robot inside a robot inside a robot)
Armoured heroes: Batman toys, He-man/She-ra, Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, Ninjor from Power Rangers, Ronin Warriors, Saint Seiya

Also, as usual, here is an inspiration board: https://www.pinterest.com.au/paper_jams/pj007-armour-up/

Reactions: Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Ah, I see. I had something else in mind, like a heavily armoured ship. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Cool sub! Are there any subs in the resources?
The Monarch sub is definitely still in development. It is not abandoned but not of top priority for the time being. I have begun tracing the lines in Corel in order to get clean images which I then will use as projected textures. It is a tedious job but with patience it will be done - and will produce an even more pleasing result. ;)

• Love
Reactions: micahrogers

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thanks, I'll give it a look. What I need is a small Arleigh Burke Flt IIA Class DDG, so I can make my son's ship, DDG-83 USS Howard.
You are more than welcome! I am not certain if that particular ship is in the resource section. However, I wish you the very best of luck with your project! I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
You are more than welcome! I am not certain if that particular ship is in the resource section. However, I wish you the very best of luck with your project! I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
Just a generic Arleigh Burke DDG will be good enough I can change the hull numbers and name.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I like keeping everything together, so I would post the next ones here. :)