1960 Plymouth Valiant build thread.

Mark Crowel

User of old school drafting tools; no CAD.
Final scans. I noticed that on the detail sheet above, I forgot to draw the horizontal lines on the grille. Here it is again, along with the patterns for the "blade" style bumpers, and the front splash pan. The edges of the front bumper extend about 1/16 inch beyond each side of the splash pan. For any questions about building my models, please feel free to send a private message.

Scan_20200829 (3).png

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
I have to!

After I get a copy, I need to plan it out with a burgundy paint job!!!

Now, there's also the need to finish the "real" Brandy...

Mark Crowel

I tried to restore a car (unsuccessfully) years ago. Believe me, the model will take less time. :)

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Well, I checked on the "real" Brandy today and we're waiting for a shop to open to restore the gas tank. I can't wait to re-dye the carpet and install the headliner!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I welded the gas tank on my '73 back together. The reason was that it has a drain plug, and the replacement ones don't have that. I filled it with water (then drained it) before I welded it. It came out great, and cost me nothing. :)

Mark Crowel

Is this the MG that you're referring to? Also, are the older British cars as notoriously unreliable as they are reputed to be?

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
I've received a copy of this great model.

I have to consult with the designer to explore what might continue this thread a while...