Weekly photo fun 10/31/08

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by slekjr, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

In an area still under redevelopment two trains pass through tunnels while another on the upper level glides under a passageway through part of the large unidentified industry/warehouse.... I need to solidify the whole building's concept. Windows? Signs...overall purpose! :)

[​IMG]

Ralph
  2. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Charlie
    Great proto shot! Cool shot of the National Limited!

Wayne
    Cool shots of the covered wagons!

CN Nutbar
    Nice Amtrak shot!

Jeffery
    Neat shot!

Wayne
    Cool Penn Central pics!

Charlie
    Cool shot of the Broadway!

Cn Nutbar
    Great photo!

Charlie
    Love the snow shots!

Glen
    Neat shot and tunnel!

Tom
    Great Halloween layout shots!

Ed
    Interesting shot!

Jeffery
    Nice looking unit!

Charlie
    Nothing better than a shot of a GG-1 even if it is in that terrible all black scheme!

Csiguy
    Nice Amtrak pic!

Shaygetz
    Neat photo!

Doc Tom
    Great shots!

Jeffery
    Nice looking gondola!

Chessie4155
    Nice looking passenger car!

Deano
    Great looking loco!

Ralph
    Cool looking layout area!

Charlie
    Neat PC and NS shots!
  3. TomPM

Another day at the Water Tower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. TomPM

5. TomPM

6. lester perry

lester perry Guest

Tom I love it when I see that water tower. That salvaged a bad day, thanks
    Les
  7. nachoman

nachoman Guest

DoctorG - love the shay!

Kevin
  8. WReid

WReid Member

A couple of pictures on Ontario Northland ( ONRail ) power. I took these last year.

pic 1.jpg
    SD40-2s #1737, #1735 & #1734. The lead unit #1737 is still in the old colors. It is looking a little worn and tired. Hopefully it will get repainted soon. All three units were built in 1973-74 and still are in service today.

pic 2.jpg
    SD75I #2103 The new power bought a number of years back. The ONR has 6 of them starting at #2100. In this photo #2103 is one of the locomotives on last Novembers Santa Express. They have one on each end of the train as it has to run in both directions. The Santa Express make its rounds to most of the small towns here in Northern Ontario in November to give the kids a train ride and to get a visit from Santa. The kids get to sing Christmas songs and they all get a goodie bag when they get off the train.

Wayne R
  9. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Cool pics so far everyone

Love the Roll-by Tom, not a surprise that it was totally awesome as usual :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  10. WReid

WReid Member

Charlie

They normally use the new SD75Is for head end power on the Santa Express. Sometimes they use the SD40-2s but not very often. The second unit you see is a converted FB unit that has been modified to be a steam generator to supply steam to the passenger cars for heating. Pictured below.

pic 3.jpg

Other locomotives operated by the ONR are GP38-2s, GP40-2s. Up until a little while back they were still using some GP9s for yard switchers and I believe a couple are still in use. Also a few years back they were still running FP7s. Sadly they were retired a few years back and a few weeks ago they went to the scrap yard.

I actually have a large number of photos of ONR locomotives an equipement. I was modeling the ONR at one time but have since switched to modeling CNR steam in the late 1950s. I still have a couple of Athearn SD40-2s that are in the middle of a rebuild into ONR units. They are receiving new Cannon & Company fans, grills, cabs as well as a host of other detail parts. Sadly they have been of my work bench for a year now but someday they will get finished.

Lately I have been taking a lot more ONR pictures as one of the main ONR customers is on strike and the railroad is losing a million dollars a day in revenue. Seeing as it is a small regional railroad owned by the province of Ontario it is a big lose for them which has resulted in layoffs and rumors of another possible sale to the Canadian National.

Wayne R
  11. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

RTR on the outside, Blue Box on the inside.
    [​IMG]
  12. WReid

WReid Member

Charlie

I never even thought about HEP electrical power when I was writing my reply. When it comes to modern passenger equipement my knowledge is a little rusty.:eek: :mrgreen: I am so used to the old equipement seen around here that is stem heated I tend to forget things have advanced a lot.

The prime mover is engine is gone but I believe there is a diesel engine in it as well and a generator used to supply electrical power. I guess it would make it a HEP unit. :mrgreen: The ONR has a number of these units and finding two the same is impossible. The one I pictured #204 used to be a MILW F7b. Most of them started of life as F7bs and one or two as F9bs.

Wayne R
  13. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

A GP40, U33B and two C630s... now that's what "three-builder consist" means.
  14. Rusty Spike

Rusty Spike Member

Grain Terminal 2 - Overcast Day

Great pics everyone - we love looking at all these great pics.

I worked with my 10 y.o. son on the composition and lighting for this one. He weathered the hopper as well.

Attached Files:

15. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

WOW Rusty, that pic looks GREAT, love the weathering, both on the hopper and all the tanks :thumb: :thumb:
  16. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Nice find Jeff.
    Kodachrome paint scheme(SPSF defunct merger:Shouldn't Paint So Fast)

Hope it stays like that....
  17. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I added some windows to the factory. Still a lot to be done with it.

[​IMG]

Ralph
  18. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

A big "GERN Industries" sign would give that structure some purpose. ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It could generate a lot of traffic for the Penn Central, too, even if there are no sidings actually serving that structure - just consider the siding(s) to be on the "unseen" side of the building. :-D:-D

Wayne
  19. Packers#1

Packers#1 Ultimate Packers Fan

Hey guys, I've been gone a while, just never got around to posting here. Well, I've changed the road and have a history, roster, and frieght car numbering system for my new RR, the Aiken-Augusta Terminal Railway. I think I'm gonna model the Savannah River branch of it, so I built a "prototype" of the yard. the real yard will be several feet long. Here's some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. Doctor G

Doctor G Active Member

Pictures of "The action" in Stanleyville Tennessee 1929

Thought I would post a few pictures of the many activities in the summer of 1929 in beautiful downtown Stanleyville Tennessee. This special community is in the mountains of Eastern Tennessee on the "mainline" of the C&S RR.
    Doc Tom

Attached Files: