Weekly photo fun 10/31/08

doctorwayne

Here's a couple more:
img108.jpg

img110.jpg

Wayne

cn nutbar

Nice shots Charlie and Wayne---Although not as vintage as your shots,here's my contribution to the Amtrak theme---the picture was taken in the early 90's in my hometown (Hamilton Ontario)

Amtrak243.jpg

doctorwayne

Charlie, those two shots were taken in Buffalo, NY, in 1976.
Here are two more that Ralph might enjoy, even though I may have posted them a while back.
img109.jpg

img107.jpg

Wayne

doctorwayne

Nice shot of the SDP40F, Charlie. ;) Those second two pictures were also shot in Buffalo, on the same day as the others. I had ridden a TH&B (CPR) RDC down there, and spent the day just taking in the sights. The return trip was quite a ride, too! :eek:;):-D

Wayne

cn nutbar

thanks Charlie---the shot was taken from the High Level Bridge on York Boulevard---the 2 tracks on the right are Canadian National,to the left are the Canadian Pacific/TH&B---if you're ever up this way,the Doc and I will give you a personal tour---here's another shot of Amtrak at Laking Gardens

Amtrak348.jpg

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
"Ghost" rails......

New Haven's Naugatuck Valley Division ROW.
Taken south of Burrville Connecticut.
Soon to be a bike path.

Attachments

• OLD ROW.jpg
    OLD ROW.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 11

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Great pics already! I did appreciate the early Amtrak/PC pics guys! Thanks!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Ralph

csiguy

amtrak at conpitt

here is a shot of amtrak at conputt junction taken in september of this year

Attachments

• amtrak.jpg
    amtrak.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 11

shaygetz

My favorite Amtrak shot...the loco was a 5$ rescue that's one of the finest runners I have, an early Spectrum with working dome flashers.

smokey2.jpg

Doctor G

Ancient Shay at RailCamp

The shop crew keeps everything running in1929. Even old #1 is being sent out to earn its keep on the C&S RR. The shop crew is excited that the patched metal and replaced pipes are holding under the first steam pressure since repairs.
Doc Tom

Attachments

• Shay #1 @Railcamp.jpg
    Shay #1 @Railcamp.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 14

Doctor G

Earning a few bucks for the boss

The repairs held and old #1 is earning some dollars for management hauling freight and passengers in the mountains of East Tennessee.
Doc Tom

Attachments

• Shay and bridges.jpg
    Shay and bridges.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 15

chessie4155

Great shots everyone:thumb:

Charlie; Love all those shots of Amtrak trains in the snow, seems like a perfect combination..

DoctorWayne, That's a cool shot of that PC E unit. Love the bow tie plow.

A little touch of class held over from the good ol days..not sure what the proper name for this Observation car was, I called them boat tails.
HPIM6526.jpg