Tie fighter question

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
I do exactly the same. Firts a alpha build severall times untill Im happy with ut. Then the beta build. But to be honnest with the DS I started the alpha and beta build in one.

• Love
Reactions: seraphim

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
I do exactly the same. Firts a alpha build severall times untill Im happy with ut. Then the beta build. But to be honnest with the DS I started the alpha and beta build in one.
tbh thats most likely what ill end up doing, doing some rough measurements then when im happy start cutting out, and do any fine tuning as i go along on that. The real trick is going to be converting that into a graphic model lol

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
This is how I began as a papercraft designer. Then I discovered the powers of SketchUp and incorporated them into my workflow. Sometimes it is easier to draw simple shapes directly onto the canvas.

• Love

rbeach84

New to Paper
Feb 5, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia [USA]
TIE scale is the same 'itchy spot' happening over in Replica Props modeling forums... no reference feature that connects to a real world object of known size, like the Astromech Droids and their dome diameters. Wouldn't it be funny to see a TIE variant that used a AM Droid? Ha!
Very interesting discussion, folks, thanks for sharing!
Regards, Robert

Last edited:
  • Love