Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Yes, I have done that, and also with black tape and it does work well. extending a tube, hot glue, a clear straw, or colored straw makes a nice light rod. also colored glass beads can help tremendously with color variants. Chrome paper from dollar tree oven foil pans can be printed on the backside and flipped for chrome parts, or reflective panels. the foil can be worked off also, so its thin. Although expensive inkwise, printing the backside black let dry, then print the model sheet on the other side helps tremendously. Also a larger model is easily lit and typing paper for those parts that need to be printed on but that also need led lighting to appear translucent. Even bounce lighting on parts from a led spotlight type source can work well for hard to get places.

Reactions: lyter1958

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Why I haven't been posting- Wulf111's Romulan D7 blank at normal size. more to come Monday or Tuesday. Will adjust the painted version to match remastered TOS Rom D7. that means only white led windows in the nose sections and 4 aft propulsion vents in light blue or normal led blue, I haven't decided yet. Amber or yellow Plasma torps and green disruptors.

WKD7 71308 build pics a.png

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
It's possible but it doesn't come together right when you glue it. The angle that goes more over to the left in the middle, pulls the arch strip into a curve. The wings on each side of the middle strip need to be curled or rolled, so that they form a compound curve, allows for the ''Olive ball" shape otherwise its just a straight run back to the end. I am going to keep working on a very simple easy way to create the Klingon bell conundrum.

Reactions: lyter1958

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Untitled.png

FINALLY GOT AROUND TO THIS, MY KEYBOARD IS GIVING ME PROBLEMS-NEED TO BLOW IT OUT. SO THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, I WILL BE BUILDING ONE SOON. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE COMMENTS. MORE LATER.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Wont be posting unless I get the time to finish a 1701 that has a lot of ideas in one I needed to work out. A new rombop too.

Reactions: Cybergrinder