Space Battleship Yamato

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Vortex_4200, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Ok guys got a good question here, Estutan at his website:
    http://www.geocities.jp/papercraft_etsutan/S-YAMATO-000.html
    has some jpgs of parts to build the SB Yamato but is there anyway to save them and then print each individual page without using photoshop or something like that where the enlargments becaome very grainy and just really look bad??
  2. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE

The ones he has made available were only through a Japanese Yamato fan club. Sorry.
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Not that I condone it but anyone with Rhino could copy that quite easily and scale up what he already has. It would also be really easy to make a tiny teeny one from the pics.
  4. ARMORMAN

YO HO! YO HO!! A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME!!!! :mrgreen::p
  5. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Sure I could do a teeny tiny one...um... how much are electron microscopes going for these days?? :p
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

You so funny! It just seems that the guy doesn't make the model available, but essentially posts a blueprint of it? Strange. Maybe I'll make a Space Battleship New Jersey!
  7. ARMORMAN

Funny you should say that....about 10 years ago some intellectual heavy weights in Hollywood were optioning space battle cruiser yamato to do just that...
  8. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

This papercraft is the ONLY one I've ever though of Snagging, regardless of how I get it. Bad of me, I know, But this has ALWAYS been and will always be my Favorite series
  9. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I'm guilty of the same thing, I can't wait until the english dub of the live action movie gets here in the United States.
  10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

"Last Exile" was really hard to wait for, but I did:curse:wall1. I Pre-ordered all the DVD's and ended up getting the DVD's with the paper models inside! Last Exile is so awesome!!:thumb:

Attached Files:

11. ARMORMAN

There's a good subbed copy on youtube.
  12. scifimodelfan

scifimodelfan Member

I got my copy last week and the quality is ok. It was a lot of fun and brought back a lot of my childhood memories of the old show. I really like his version of the movie Yamato. I would kill for that version not the fan club one. His is more detailed. I wish he would release it.
  13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

There is some stuff they won't release here. I guess we're their pariah, as far a copying, and distributing. They're probably afraid they DVD's will end up in the $5.00 dollar Walmart bin.
  14. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I can't handle subbs give me a headache trying to read and watch the movie at the same time :cry:
  15. RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

16. ARMORMAN

Tan, Tan, didn't your mom tell you what happens when you mix models with fire crackers?
  17. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

sign1
  18. Bhelliom

Bhelliom Member

Sorry, we still have to keep looking. I remember this one from a few years back. It looks like the picture below when built. The designer withdrew the download to rework the design, IIRC.

My apologies to the builder, I've forgotten your name.

Scott K.

Attached Files:

19. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'd love to have a crack at that. Anyone know where to get the mesh, model, textures....????? I'd make one up for you guys.:mrgreen:
  20. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I went to this website and found some cool stuff. The Yamato ship is a .pdo, and simplified, but it's there, and some one could rework it to suit their needs. Even cooler is what's in the links section! Halo Savannah! See new post.

http://depapercraftblog.blogspot.com...apercraft.html