Space Battleship Yamato

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Vortex_4200, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Well, I tried importing some of Dented Rick's work into 3DMax but could see it, but could not "touch" it. I tried exporting in into quite a few formats but it kept saying an error occurred. I downloaded a simple cruise ship .skp and i could duplicate all the edges and would have been able to have made the ship but this would have been by reproducing every line. I could not do this with D. Rick's model which really was a bummer. I would have put work into that.wall1 I would really like to sort that out. I'd like to know what was so different about that cruise ship a D. Rick's model. They both were .skp files?
  2. MTK

MTK Active Member

I've got all the textures that came with it. See below. I can upscale and tweak every one of these and zip up all of the files types and host them for you. I'm going to go through this again tomorrow and see if I can get the material data to tranfser.

Attached Files:

3. MTK

MTK Active Member

Well John, I've got several programs that I'm familiar with and the only one I don't have is 3dSMax and Maya, so if there's anything I can help you with let me know.
  4. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Well, if you still need my help, Test build, whatever, lemme know. I really am looking forward to this :)
  5. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'll upload everything tomorrow and send you a link. You can work on it in meta, or pep, or whatever you need while I work on finishing up some of this other stuff and if you get stuck, or need some help we can work together. How ever you want to work it. Right now I'm just at an empass wo Meta full version, or I'm missing something. I'll try to see what I can get done tomorrow and we'll go from there. OK?:thumb:
  6. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

works for me :)
  7. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Um, did you guys miss this post by blaar? He had it already converted to MQO. I opened it, adjusted the paths to the textures and it looks perfect. I'm using the current version of Meta (registered).

And by the way, there is a free OBJ export plugin available for Sketchup that generally works fairly well, although it didn't work with this particular model. Don't recall where I found it at the moment, but for future reference ya know.

This ship is on my to-do-someday list, so if you guys get it done that will save me a lot of work. :)

Steve

Attached Files:

8. F131

F131 Member

Ah, the Yamato. She holds a place of honor in my bar. I found her on ebay about 10 years ago. It's not the most detailed plastic model I ever built but I feel she displays well. Thanks for the youtube mention on the 2010 movie. It was pretty good. It sure would have made a solid BSG type TV series.

Attached Files:

9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Your Bar holds a place of Honor in my dreams!!:inw:
  10. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Where do you live? and what hours do you work? hehehe, just kidding. or am i? ;)
  11. MTK

MTK Active Member

OK, Rick... Do you still want this zip file with all of the conversions and textures? If so, send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send it out.:confused:
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

I couldn't get any of the .obj export options to work, I tried .fbx and another, I did however come up with a method of doing it, but it is rather involved and provides mixed results.

Rick. I can scale this to the size that you wanted and unfold it, but that's up to you, or I can send you all of the files..... Orrrrr all of the above.

I need to get another registered version of meta.....
  13. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

How big can it be made?
    I saw some time back when the live action movie was coming out they had 2 sizes you could build a 3 ft and a 5 ft.... they were not cheap! :cry:
  14. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

Has anyone thought about making any other of the fleet ships, like the Andromeda, Arizona, or any of the others? Here is a website to find all of the diagrams of all of the ships:
    http://www.shipschematics.net/yamato/index.php

It also has all of the enemy ships as well.
  15. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Sorry, sometimes I only have a few minutes to jump online. Yes, I would love it scaled to around 3 feet :)

Im getting Pepakura Designer here shortly, so send me whatever format works with that, and textures if you got them :)
  16. MTK

MTK Active Member

I suppose it can be made to just about any size you want within reason. However, there are some through-cuts where frames cut through each other, so whomever takes on the .mqo part of this will have to deal with that part of it.

Attached Files:

17. MTK

MTK Active Member

Personally, I'm not up to starting any more projects from start. I've got waaaaaay to much going on right now, but it is a thought for the future.
  18. MTK

MTK Active Member

OK, send me your e-mail in a PM and I'll size this to 3ft and zip everything up and host it and send you the link. I'll start working on some of the separate parts that do not conflict with other frames as I have time. That will help cut down that over all size of the project.
  19. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Did you get it?
  20. MTK

MTK Active Member

Yep, getting ready to host it now......:thumb: