Macross/Robotech Destroids, and other mecha

ThunderChild

Some infomercials here in SA always has a line saying: "But wait! Theres more..."

So here's a sneak peak of my interim design that I'm doing so I don't get bored with the destroids... Who can guess what this is? :mrgreen::twisted:

Attachments

• modat.JPG
    modat.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 18
S

Soaring

EGAD! AMAZING! THat's the Mospeda? Right? :D

Is the Destroid gonna be free? :O

What Design program did you use for it o_O
If it's free free, 'm gonna implant joints in the arms and legs o_O And or chest :twisted:

S

Soaring

What'd you use for the designing? What program :)
I think the design you're doing now...is, the Mospeda?

S

Soaring

Actually, I'm going to wait for your big one ^.^ My little brother....enjoys seeing Robotech :D

Jaybats

Mar 25, 2006
Philippines & Canada
Nice Defender TC! Will either the Tomahawk or the Phalanx will be next, since they share the same underchassis?

Just an update on my WIP VF-1A/J/S. This does not transform and is in fighter-mode only. The main body unfolds into 22 parts; add from 2, 3, or 5 parts depending on which gun-turret is desired. Wings can be installed in either full forward or rearward sweep. They're triangular in cross-section to provide some structural support for a full load of missile packs.

I'm now working on the panel-lining/rivets textures and standard markings; no pilot/squadron markings so that they can customized in any paint-scheme (by hand, for more hobby fun!).

Attachments

• VF-1AJS.jpg
    VF-1AJS.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 16

ThunderChild

I promised Getter the phalanx next. :) The underchassis are nearly the same. but not quite. I may be able to get away with just adding the alternate pieces though, so there's no problems there. unfortunately building the model in 3d takes up the least amount of time, it's the unfolding and decals that takes up the most time for me.

That valkyrie looks great! Keep us posted friend!

Janx

Oct 2, 2007
Nice one Jay on the VF 1s/a/j I can scrub the small scale one form my to do list :)

Never a truer word said Thunder on the unfolding, has to be my pet hate.

I'll not do any of the destroids that I had on to do, as to do so would make them different to your superb model, nice to have continuity on this one.

Got a VF 2Ja started and VF 11 will be reborn after the Supersylph is done.

Jaybats

Mar 25, 2006
Philippines & Canada
yesterday i had a little time, so i copied and reshaped the parts of my VF-1A/J/S to create a VF-0A. it should break out into only a little more than 25 parts on cardpaper.

next up on my list is the SV-51!

Attachments

• VF-0A.jpg
    VF-0A.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 15

Janx

Oct 2, 2007
Too fast for me Jay :), looking forward to seeing these available. Scratch another off my to do list, looking more doable every day, keep it up :D

This is what I have turned my attention too for this thread.....

Attachments

• VF 1 Batt 200308.jpg
    VF 1 Batt 200308.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 18