Macross/Robotech Destroids, and other mecha

ThunderChild

Nice work Jay!

Can't wait Janx! Will there be separate parts,heads and textures for the different versions?

As everyone can see from my lack of updates, I took a little sabbatical from modelling. Partly because I felt I needed to step back and just let my mind rest on the development side, partly because I started playing X3 again! :eek: and then of course work is hectic, and we're planning a trip to Europe.

For those still interested, my current WIPs include:
(in order of possible release)
1 - Beta Fighter
2 - Phalanx
3 - SDF-1 (v.2)
4 - Defender (v.2)
5 - All the others TBA

Janx

Quick update on the VF 1 battroid.

yes will try to do 3 versions with 3 colour schemes. I will simplify this one a bit for release here, keep the complex one back for large scale model. The arms etc will be able to be put in a fixed pose (hopefully) of the builders choice, not sure about the legs yet.

Attachments

• VF1s Battloid 250308.jpg
    VF1s Battloid 250308.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 19

Stormeagle

Nice work Jay!

Can't wait Janx! Will there be separate parts,heads and textures for the different versions?

As everyone can see from my lack of updates, I took a little sabbatical from modelling. Partly because I felt I needed to step back and just let my mind rest on the development side, partly because I started playing X3 again! :eek: and then of course work is hectic, and we're planning a trip to Europe.

For those still interested, my current WIPs include:
(in order of possible release)
1 - Beta Fighter
2 - Phalanx
3 - SDF-1 (v.2)
4 - Defender (v.2)
5 - All the others TBA

These are great Thunderchild, and with Jinx's Battleoid, we are only missing the Tomahawk to have the full gang available. Can't wait!!!

Jaybats

These are great Thunderchild, and with Jinx's Battleoid, we are only missing the Tomahawk to have the full gang available. Can't wait!!!

Personally I'd really like to see the Destroid Spartan... nothing like a giant robot with a giant club for some real old-school giant robot fighting!! sign1

Nothing

Longtime Member
thunderchild, i just printed out the dfender and it looks great. but if i could make a suggestion on the next ones. could you lighten the fold lines so as they are not so prominant? or offer a no lined version? thanks.

ThunderChild

Thanx for the heads-up Nothing, I'll keep that in mind for the future projects! :)

Some people also seem to like printing on colored card, With most of the Destroids, this seems not a bad idea either. Though I may not go for it just yet.

ThunderChild

Greetings and welcome Ottaku! :)

Thanx for the complements!

My designs are moving at a snail's pace at the moment, will only be able to put in some serious hours from July onwards, but the next to come out will prolly be the Beta Fighter followed by the other two SDF's. You can follow some very AMAZING modding on the little sdf on this thread: http://forum.zealot.com/t154958/

DaDragon

Monster, monster, monster!!

Cool site Paragon!
There used to be a Mac II Monster kit available somewhere by a guy called Wulph... And its... well... a MONSTER!
Here's a pic of it at least... :confused:
63511d1201814557-063.jpg

Anyone got a working link?

Maybe I will do a Mac II, but it's at the end of the list.

Soaring said:
I have a spare Monster :/ I canpm it to you :)

Hey, Paragon, you still there?!?!?!If so, I need some help sending you the files :) If you could assist me that'd be great. As well, I have the monster version Thunder just posted :grin:

xavs said:
Great news for mecha lovers

all macross all paper:wave:
63547d1201917116-paper.jpg

Hi from a melancholic longevity-challenged brit (sad old git :killer: !) and Newby :inmew:

AWESOME thread jawdrop : respect to all :inw: :inw: :inw:

Am I the only person on this site who hasn't got a copy of Wulf's monster Destroid Monster? :-(

Will somebody please take pity on a SOG (see above) and please, please send a copy? :excited1:

Graham.

DaDragon

How am I supposed to know? How judgemental.

The Destroid Monster is pay model, and sold at Wonder Festival only.
Please don't ask the copy , it's piracy.

NOWHERE in this thread is it mentioned that:

1) The Wulf Destroid Monster is a commercial product
2) That it was sold at Wonderfest only.

I strongly resent the accusation of piracy as several of the posts in this thread ask for copies and appear to have them supplied without comment!

Stev0

NOWHERE in this thread is it mentioned that:

1) The Wulf Destroid Monster is a commercial product
2) That it was sold at Wonderfest only.

I strongly resent the accusation of piracy as several of the posts in this thread ask for copies and appear to have them supplied without comment!

ummm ....

[img of Monster /img]
Anyone got a working link?

Read stuff before you quote it. Turn off the caps too. :curse:

A

ARMORMAN

DaDragon,

All Tikitiki was doing was clarifying that it was a wonderfest exclusive. No need to jump down his throat. He is right. What is floating around is a pirated copy (I, for one, plan to bide my time and one day, when Tikitiki is not on his guard, break into his house and steal all his paper kits!:twisted:)

Janx

I do have a Mac II that I designed and built, but sadly atm real life is sucking too much time up.

One day I will get round to putting it in here (after a lot of simplifications).

Attachments

• Monster1.jpg
    Monster1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Simple Monster.jpg
    Simple Monster.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 111