Macross/Robotech Destroids, and other mecha

ThunderChild

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Gr8 progress PG!
Lookin fine!

Anyone who doesn't know about this site, it's another model on my wish list!
¤È¤è¤Ã¤Ú¤Îµ¤³Ú¤ÊËÁ¸± ¥Ú¥Ñ¥¯¥é¡¡.EX¥¬¡¼¥é¥ó¥É¡¡Àß·×
I'm... well... completely clueless when it comes to what the designer is saying, as is my pc, just throws out a bunch of '?????????????' because I don't have language pack installed.

Now if the MoDat 5 could join the ranks...

Hey T.C.,

I've been watching the development of that model myself. His SDs are great but that EX Garland is full sized :D

Try to use the Google language tools to translate the page from Japanese to English. A bit of warning though, it will translate into very rough English.

G1

ThunderChild

Gey G1!
You're actually the one who tipped me off about the EX Garland! Since then I've been checking in from time to time and following the progress. So it's all thanx to you! :D

I can't seem to get into the whole SD thing. Just personal preference I guess.

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Gey G1!
You're actually the one who tipped me off about the EX Garland! Since then I've been checking in from time to time and following the progress. So it's all thanx to you! :D

I can't seem to get into the whole SD thing. Just personal preference I guess.

Hey T.C.,

Sorry, I'm getting forgetful in my old age :p

SD ain't for eveyone :p but it's definently for me :D

G1

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
Good news ... The local Sci-Fi TV Station will be playing the new Robotech movie 'Shadow Chronicles' which means it will be played on other networks.

It's quite good and I am a Jack McKinney fan too.

Jaybats

Mar 25, 2006
Philippines & Canada
I am rather dismayed to see repaints of the Shunichi Makino's VF-1S being circulated under someone else's name with all references to his authorship removed. Having planned some time ago to make many different VFs in fighter mode specifically for the purpose of color-scheme customization by the maker, this kind of activity is really discouraging me from releasing.

Nonetheless, while I think about it, here's a screenshot of my VF-1A/J/S WIP. I've decided on a triangle-faceted design to make it easier to fold, about 25 parts only (the incomplete model onscreen currently unfolds into 12 parts), and output at 1/60 and 1/72 scale so that it will blend with my diecast VFs. When this is done, it would be easy to modify to create a VF-0A/D/S. And after that, all the other spaceships and other VFs on Kawamori's list are fair game.

Attachments

• ScreenShot121.jpg
    ScreenShot121.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 26

ThunderChild

I came across two that I know of, and agree with you completely Jay. Please don't stop your release tho.
Some of the other threads are also touching on the subject of piracy, and I think that the members on this forum has the right tactic: chew them out till they don't know which way is up, even before the original designer has become aware! :D
I'm not suggesting a papercraft-gestapo, ( :p ) But taking the proper action in stead of just downloading and supporting the culprit will make a difference.

Enough negative vibes though.

Jay, that model looks absolutely marvelous, and that your planning it to be customizable, and easy to build, makes it grade-A already! Can't wait to see progress on it! :)

From my side, another update regarding the Defender:

...soon...

:p :p :D :p :p

ThunderChild

Good news ... The local Sci-Fi TV Station will be playing the new Robotech movie 'Shadow Chronicles' which means it will be played on other networks.

It's quite good and I am a Jack McKinney fan too.

Makes me sad that I'm not in your neighborhood! :)
Luckily I got it on dvd. Now if they could only turn McKinney's 'Zentraedi Rebellion' into a movie! That's one of my faves!

*Spoiler WARNING!!*
I was upset with the fate of the VF-1s Skull one! Cried like a baby!

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
I wish they finished the Sentinels. The novels were great.

My Robotech project concerns the sentinels and an interesting little piece of unofficial technology. ;)

ThunderChild

Update

The SV-51 would be an amazing model to have in the collection, there's just so many others in the pipeline already... :eek:

Oh yes, before I forget again... a few pics finally transferred to my pc...

Attachments

• Defender_1.jpg
    Defender_1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Defender_2.jpg
    Defender_2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Defender_3.jpg
    Defender_3.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 18
  • Defender_4.jpg
    Defender_4.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Defender_5.jpg
    Defender_5.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Defender_6.jpg
    Defender_6.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 23

ThunderChild

Defender update

Some more updates on the defender, the final pics of my test build. I have scaled up the release version for those with the same fingers as mine, and of course those of you who doesn't want to wait for my large, poseable design and who want to do some scratchbuilding to give it more articulation.

Here are the pics: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Fin_3.jpg
    Fin_3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Fin_1.jpg
    Fin_1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Fin_4.jpg
    Fin_4.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Fin_5.jpg