Hamilton Stuart Street Yard

cn nutbar

hello all---Every time I visit Doctor Wayne's, I realize how lucky I am to have such a good friend.Last night we got together for a photo shoot and as i was leaving the Doc gave me a CD that he had put together from a series of photos(slides) that I had lent him---Here's a sample of the photos---Boy,things have really changed since this picture was taken(early 90's)

ViewoftheStuartStYard-1.jpg

UP SD40-2

AWESOME SHOT NUTBAR!!!:eeki::thumb::thumb:

LOOK at all the grass between the rails:eeki: , i wouldn't have guessed it would be there on well used yard tracks, i think I'm going to do that to some spots:twisted: .

:deano: -Deano

RonP

Member of the WMRC
Everytime I think of it, I find I really miss Hamilton. Maybe one day when I can afford to live anywhere but "in the shadow of the mountain" I'll move back.

cntown

Was that picture taken from the bridge on Bay st ? I was just down picking up on Guise st the other day and stopped to watch the action that Raillink was doing in the yard,thou not as busy as was your picture during the CN days.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Great shots! All of those stripes are making my eyes dizzy. :) Seriously, thanks for all the excellent loco shots!
Ralph

Biased turkey

Thanks for posting those pics cn nutbar, and thanks Wayne for taking the shots.
I'm modeling CNR so I find it very interesting.

cntown, you mentions that the yard" is not as busy as was your picture during the CN days. " , who own or operate the yard now ?

Jacques

doctorwayne

Thanks for posting those pics cn nutbar, and thanks Wayne for taking the shots.
I'm modeling CNR so I find it very interesting.

Jacques

Jacques, Mister Nutbar took the pics, and since he was kind enough to lend them to me, I scanned them and put them on a disk, making it easier for him to share with everyone here on the Gauge. With his permission, here's a few more of them, taken at the same location:
CN_7221_and_222_-_e.jpg

CN_7104.jpg

CN_7106.jpg

Wayne

cntown

The engines were lettered for Raillink but I believe doctorwayne or cnnutbar would be the people with the info about this yards history.The one thing about this area is you can observe the going's on from all sides without going onto railway property.There is even a playground nearby along with the waterfront trail to keep everyone busy and railfanning at the same time.

Triplex

With the first shot, I was going to ask, "Hey! Where are the Alcos?" Then, "Ah, there's one...", then a yardful of EMDs, then 4 out of 6 engines in the consist are Alcos, and I'm finally satisfied that these shots represent eastern Canada. I especially like the CP M636s spliced by a C424, and the Sweeps.

UP SD40-2

SLAP AWESOME PICS Wayne & nutbar!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

i am seeing engines i didn't even know existed(#7104):eeki::thumb: .

not really a big CN fan:eek:ops: , but that paint scheme was AWESOME!:thumb::mrgreen:
Wayne do you still have that diesel you painted in that scheme?:confused:

THANKS for posting those shots:thumb::mrgreen:

doctorwayne

...that paint scheme was AWESOME!:thumb::mrgreen:
Deano

My sentiments exactly! ;) Of "modern" paint schemes, my favourite by far, and one that I think would look good on any of today's diesels. It was certainly an improvement over this:
CN_geeps_4597_and_4595_at_Grimsby_-_mid-_80s.jpg

Wayne do you still have that diesel you painted in that scheme?:confused:

Deano

You mean this one?
2007-01-10_486.jpg

CN never owned any of these C-425s, but that's the paint scheme that my son wanted, so that's the one I did. :-D

Wayne

UP SD40-2

You couldn't be more right Wayne, the paint scheme on those geeps isn't that great, but its an AWESOME PIC OF THEM!:thumb::mrgreen:

YES!!:mrgreen: , thats EXACTLY the engine i was talking about!:winki::mrgreen: , WOW!:eeki: , you really did a SLAP STUPENDOUS JOB on that Alco Wayne:bravo: , your son is one lucky guy:thumb::mrgreen: .

doctorwayne

Thanks, Dean. Just out of curiosity, I browsed through Mister Nutbar's photos, and look what I found::eek:
CN_4595_-_b.jpg

I think that it's an improvement over the earlier version. :thumb::thumb:

Wayne

cn nutbar

hello everyone---thanks for all the great feedback---glad you're enjoying the trip down memory lane---here's a few more shots,including some of the alcos which were so common at one time around here

CN2043.jpg

CN2006.jpg

CN2019and2038.jpg

CN41072025etal.jpg

GO705.jpg

GO722withtrain.jpg