Hamilton Stuart Street Yard

doctorwayne

Wayne, do you have anything in the original scheme -- I think it was black with an orange oval? There was a unit painted this way when the Harbourfront museum stated, but it was destroyed after they were evicted.

I've done that paint scheme, but not for myself. I'm going to be getting rid of all my diesels very shortly, so I'll have to visit Mister Nutbar to see any CNR green and gold. ;)

Wayne

RobertInOntario

Great pix!

FYI, here's a pic of my GP-9. I converted (kitbashed) it from a UP GP18 (I think) a year or so ago.

R.

CN_GP9_IMG_4115.jpg

Attachments

• CN_GP9_IMG_4115.gif
    CN_GP9_IMG_4115.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 44

cn nutbar

Wayne, do you have anything in the original scheme -- I think it was black with an orange oval? There was a unit painted this way when the Harbourfront museum stated, but it was destroyed after they were evicted.
Hello everyone---David,I found this picture in a book by Reg Button(Trackside around the Niagara Peninsula 1953-1976) showing the paint scheme you were referring to---I believe Atlas had a model of this locomotive at one time

9usra.jpg

here's a similiar diesel with an updated paint scheme

eastersunday012.jpg

thanks everyone for your comments,Nutbar

Biased turkey

Hello everyone---David,I found this picture in a book by Reg Button(Trackside around the Niagara Peninsula 1953-1976) showing the paint scheme you were referring to---I believe Atlas had a model of this locomotive at one time

9usra.jpg

here's a similiar diesel with an updated paint scheme

eastersunday012.jpg

thanks everyone for your comments,Nutbar

cn nutbar I didn't even know that CN had such an orange paint scheme.
It wouldn't be too difficult to apply it on an undecorated switcher.
Is it anSW9 ?

Jacques

Biased turkey

Thanks cn nutbar for taking some of your valuable time to post those pictures.
What does a ( SW(/1200 ? I have it in N scale ) TH&B engine doing on a CN yard ?

Jacques

I'm interested in the structure behind the TH&B engine because I want to have "digital" ( pictures ) structures to glue on the backdrop of my switching layout.
Do you know where I could find good pictures of that kind of structures ?

Jacques

cn nutbar

Hello Jacques---thanks for responding---Actually #51 was shot at the TH&B Aberdeen Yard facilities in Hamilton---At one time,this was a major centre for the TH&B which included a huge roundhouse,turntable and a coaling tower and major shops for all types of service---Sadly today,most of those landmarks are gone---I don't have many shots showing the TH&B but I can suggest a couple of books you may want to check out:"IN THE SHADOW OF GIANTS" by Norman Helm as well as "TRACKSIDE AROUND THE NIAGARA PENINSULA " by Reg Button---you will probably have to check through your public library as these books are very hard to find---Anyway,glad you enjoyed the pictures---hopefully some other members may have their own pictures of these facilities---thanks,Nutbar