Full hulls without too many tears

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
The camo scheme is sweet! Great job Barry. That model comes to life and steams right of the computer screen!

Yeah, the depth charge racks are quite small, even at large scale. I would probably opt to scratch build those as well. I like how they turned out. They look comparable to the actual assemblies.

I would try to build those out of styrene strip, but I doubt they would turn out that well.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
K gun racking

Same thing applies to the K gun racking so out with 20 swg yet again unfortunately the markings i used from the plan I had show them in the wrong places they are hard up to the deck edge when you check the pics of Gearing.

P1010651.jpg

Thanks Elb dazzle does look interesting

PS Any kind soul able to show me how to make better 90 degree bends in wire structures

Maurice

Jan 16, 2004
Requires an ability to recognise a representation of single edge blades. :)

Can be blunt as nowt's being cut and one can be substituted by almost anything else.

Maurice

Jan 16, 2004
Requires an ability to recognise a representation of single edge blades. :)

Can be blunt as nowt's being cut and one can be substituted by almost anything else.

Maurice

Jan 16, 2004
Barry would know John :grin:

Depends how clumsy yah wannabe Russell :twisted:
(It's soft copper wire we're talking here)

Maurice

Jan 16, 2004
Barry would know John :grin:

Depends how clumsy yah wannabe Russell :twisted:
(It's soft copper wire we're talking here)

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
OK........... I get it now.

You could run the edge of the blades over a stone and dull it pretty good before attempting..................but if we are talking a single copper wire would not a pair of flat pliers work better?

barry........... amazing stuff. Your skills have become better and better over the short time I've had the privilege of watching you work!

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
OK........... I get it now.

You could run the edge of the blades over a stone and dull it pretty good before attempting..................but if we are talking a single copper wire would not a pair of flat pliers work better?

barry........... amazing stuff. Your skills have become better and better over the short time I've had the privilege of watching you work!

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
90 deg bends

Thanks Maurice the blades were actually in the drawer so I can try it today. First class diagram as usual

John....Problem with using the pliers is the part is too small to fit the jaws into

Russel.......they were a damn sight more lethal when we had to shave with them but in their day they were regarded as the modellers craft knife of choice. I hate the sight of blood, especially mine, so I shall be careful.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
90 deg bends

Thanks Maurice the blades were actually in the drawer so I can try it today. First class diagram as usual

John....Problem with using the pliers is the part is too small to fit the jaws into

Russel.......they were a damn sight more lethal when we had to shave with them but in their day they were regarded as the modellers craft knife of choice. I hate the sight of blood, especially mine, so I shall be careful.

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Opposing blades works great for many things. I use them on photoetch brass bending, and I even use the to make some small to very small folds in paper.

Give it a try Barry, I'm sure once you get the hang of it you'll like the results.

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Opposing blades works great for many things. I use them on photoetch brass bending, and I even use the to make some small to very small folds in paper.

Give it a try Barry, I'm sure once you get the hang of it you'll like the results.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
playing about with the dazzle pattern

First clean up of the output from pepakura the colours are probably wrong but at least the demacations are set up. I shall join them end to end and have a proper look later. To tired to play with razor blades tonight !!

1stcleanhull.jpg

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
playing about with the dazzle pattern

First clean up of the output from pepakura the colours are probably wrong but at least the demacations are set up. I shall join them end to end and have a proper look later. To tired to play with razor blades tonight !!

1stcleanhull.jpg