Feb. 06, Trains, Planes and Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesH.

Jul 31, 2004
my house
Great pics folks!

I have a question - Is photoshopping allowed? Not that intend to add someone else's models to my picture, but I mean effects like smoke and the like.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
CharlesH. said:
Great pics folks!

I have a question - Is photoshopping allowed? Not that intend to add someone else's models to my picture, but I mean effects like smoke and the like.
Unless we are running a contest that allows it, such as "photo magic", drastic changes such as adding backgrounds, overlaying images or merging pictures is not allowed. You can do some minor touch-up including adding smoke or steam and other basic editing such as sharpening, cropping, or toning down areas. Easing red eye from your LPBs is OK as well. :D :D

Bottom line is we'd like the picture as close to what what taken as possible without spoiling your fun.:wave: :wave:

CharlesH.

Jul 31, 2004
my house
Ah well, in that case:

DSC07906T2.jpg

I hope you won't mind a little aging of the photo.

(Yes, the dirigible was really there)

liven_letdie

Mar 22, 2005
Turlock, CA
www.downthelinetrains.com
Well, I was wondering when I was going to get to post this picture. Taken on my Birthday at the Portola Western Pacific RR Museum. As you can see a nice steel UP caboose, A simplot boxcar behind the tank and the UP DD40aX. The one showing off the tank is my wife, Alex. Hope you enjoy =].

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF1248.JPG
    Copy of DSCF1248.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 156

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Truck'n train

Arghhhhh!!! Only one picture??!! But, but, but, I've got so many for this one. Okay, well if I have to choose just one, it will be one that shows two of the loves of my life. No smoke from the mudhen 'cause it was all downhill from there but I'll tell you what - that train was still truckin!:D

Attachments

• n Train.jpg
    n Train.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 209

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
Here's my 1st contest entry. I did get rid of that shadows behind the Blimp. This is actually a layout I am working on for the HPRL :D :D

Attachments

• Gauge Transportation.jpg
    Gauge Transportation.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 211

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, neat shot for your first try. We'll expect more from you now, you know that...:D :D

If you want to keep the blimp there, you might try putting a light behind the ship pointing up towards the blimp to cancel out the shadow from the light above it.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
comments

shaygetz said:
Representing about 95% of my vehicle fleet, see how many different ones you can find...and, yes, there is a train in there. :thumb:
I feel like I'm looking at one of those "where's Waldo" pictures. :D :D
N Gauger said:
here is a nice clean car.... with a truck in front of it :) :) :)
Hey Mikey, I see four trucks in this picture. Which one are you talking about? :D :D

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Pitchwife said:
I feel like I'm looking at one of those "where's Waldo" pictures. :D :D

Thanks, Clark, my kids and I had a blast putting it together.

Didja know that there are no less than seven firetrucks---and---a lunar rover in there? :D

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
OK! I took the suggestion on lighting from my fellow Gauge watchers and managed to get rid of the shadow behind my air ship. I have uploaded the new photo. Now what do you think of it and its depth. Thanks for the advise. :wave:

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
Steve, I think the perspective is off-kilter in your picture. The train and ship are in one perspective, while the blimp and backdrop are in another perspective. Maybe try a lower angle shot?

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
Galt: I do see what you mean now. It appears the backdrop is running up hill :D What the heck.... I can probably get that fixed with your suggestion. However, on a different perspective (no pun intended -- yeah right) if you cup both hands together to form a tube it appears a little 3-D. The airship is kind of jumping out the picture. :D

Thanks for the suggestions. I probably try another shoot this weekend.

This brings an interesting fact. We should start a thread on Photo taking tips and tricks. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Get a photographer as a moderator. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.