Feb. 06, Trains, Planes and Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
That's a fun movie in case you've never seen it, but let's combine them for the February contest. It's a short month and we're getting a late start, but don't let that squash your enthusiasm.

Here's the deal, any shot you might have taken or will take that shows a train and a plane or any other mode of transportation. A train and a plane, a train and a car, a train and a horse-drawn wagon, you get the idea. To get the most number of member to participate, this can be either from your layout, a diorama, someone else's layout or even the real world. We will be looking for the most interesting shot.

The rules are simple,
  • The shot must have been taken by whoever enters it.
  • The shot must include any part of a train and at least one other form of transportation.
  • All other general contest rules apply.
The contest ends at around midnight GMT on February 28.

Good luck,

Another typical day at the Price Fuel Co.

Took this picture at a show last year. Just another typical day at the Price Fuel Co.

Attachments

• Price_Oil.jpg
    Price_Oil.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 471

Will_annand

How about a shot from last summer.
Taken at Muskoka Heritage Place, a vintage steam tractor.

Attachments

• Heritage_Place_Tractor.jpg
    Heritage_Place_Tractor.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 472

shaygetz

Representing about 95% of my vehicle fleet, see how many different ones you can find...and, yes, there is a train in there. :thumb:

Attachments

• carz (2).jpg
    carz (2).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 470

ezdays

Out AZ way
Only one pic per entry this time.

Remember the rules, the picture must show a train (or part of) and another form of transportation.announce1announce1

Taken from inside a car, now that's clever. :D

Bob, I'll find the train there, just give me an hour or two...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Here's my entry. This should qualify, there's an engine, a tender and a flatbed trailer in the picture. This was taken a few years ago when we lived in Wickenburg, Arizona. They were moving engine 761 from the park to a spot next to the old Santa Fe railroad station.

Attachments

• Tender on trailer.jpg
    Tender on trailer.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 414

Steamtom1

Here is a shot of Amtrak Cascades, stopped in Portland--cars in background...

-Amtrak%20Cascades%20in%20Portland.jpg

petepuma

ezdays said:
Only one pic per entry this time.

Remember the rules, the picture must show a train (or part of) and another form of transportation.announce1announce1

Taken from inside a car, now that's clever. :D

Bob, I'll find the train there, just give me an hour or two...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I found the train!!

Its in the middle top of the pic. looks like a smal 0-4-0 dockside...

See it?

ezdays

Out AZ way
petepuma said:
I found the train!!

Its in the middle top of the pic. looks like a smal 0-4-0 dockside...

See it?
Good eyes :thumb::thumb: I coulda looked all day and not found it on my own.sign1 Now go see if you can find the train in Will's picture...:D:D:D:D or did that tractor run on the rails too :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Clerk

Here is my secondl attempt at uploading. The first 7 tries failed

Wow. It worked this time. I uploaded this the same way I did the other 7.

Attachments

• calnorthern 1 (Small).jpg
    calnorthern 1 (Small).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 156

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Here is my entry.

Pennsylvania Railroad E8's #5809 & #5711 lead a chartered passenger train into the Altoona Station.

Attachments

• E8.jpg
    E8.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 169

ezdays

Out AZ way
Wow, we're getting some good pics this time.:thumb: They all have some twist on the theme. So far we have an outstanding response, keep 'em coming...:wave::wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.