Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by UP SD40-2, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

WOW. Steve, that LOOKS AMAZING :eek: :cool: :thumb: and those locos that you put infront of it really bring the scene to life.:thumb: :thumb: :D AWSOME job guys, team work makes perfect work!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I can't wait to see some more pictures:thumb: :D :D :D :D
  2. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Now we know why we saw so little progress on Steve’s (Nazgul) layout the last few weeks. You kidnapped him and made him work for you sign1 . But the result is a good excuse if you are prosecuted for kidnapping :D . Steve, I love your mountains, you are a true artist. How did you do this pueblo?:thumb: . And Deano, your engines look great in front of this gorgeous scene. Do you really think that 10 pictures are enough? Give us some more!! :wave:
  3. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Thank you guys for the kind words:thumb: My greatest fear when starting this project was that it would not measure up to the high standards set by Deano. I also knew that Deano's photography would show the flaws that my lousy photography hides!sign1Having said that, I've had more fun doing this project than almost anything I've done since I started modeling and I'm very happy with the results (I almost wish I had a desert themed layout:D )
    How did this "thing" get started? I have received help from soooooo many great modelers here on The Gauge. I am never afraid to ask questions because all of you have always been so gracious and generous with sharing your knowledge and expertise. I can't begin to name all the people who have helped me (we'd be here all winter!:D ) but I really leaned heavily on Deano, and because of the type of person he is, he patiently put up with me. I wanted to thank him in some way and when he decided to do a new diorama with removable scenes, I decided to make Deano a rock-wall. Deano chose a desert scene and I have done my best to make one that will show his engines off to their best advantage. As I worked on the scene, I would send him update photos...BIG MISTAKE!!! with every photo, Deano would say he wanted to do something for me. By the time I sent the final pic...Deano was sending me (I could not talk him out of it) not 1 but 2 fully "DEANO-IZED" Northern Pacific F-units. Deano put everything but the kitchen sink (grabs, hoses, antenna, Kadee couplers, F-plates, etc) on these units. Did I mention he put MRC Brilliance decoders in them?! Did I mention he programed, ran and tested them?........Oh yeah, he also thought he didn't do enough so he bought 2 box car kits and assembled and then weathered them for me! I'm sure I've forgotten something......suffice it to say: after my thank you gift.......I'm more in debt now than I was when I started!sign1
    I could go on all night but I will end with pics Deano sent of the engines (my pics aren't clear enough) and a pic of the box cars I took on my layout.....
    Thank you for everything, my friend
    View attachment 33010

View attachment 33011

View attachment 33012

View attachment 33013

Attached Files:

4. viperman

viperman Active Member

WOW! I want to build a scene for Deano now! And no, not just for the thank you gift. Of course, I don't think I could do a scene nearly as nice as yours turned out Steve
  5. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Yowwwsaaahhh...!!! Gorgeous engines & cars. You two should start a business together...One does engines and cars, the other builds super-dioramas for layouts. Just remember, you HAVE to sell what you build; you can't keep'em all...

Congrats to both for a great joint effort...!!!:thumb:

P.D. I just started a new phase of my layout, pictures will follow.
  6. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

:cry: its so beautiful!

lol, Nice-ness!
  7. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Up Through The Dessert...

FIRST, i would like to thank ALL of you folks for the GREAT complements!!! THANK YOU!!!:D

Steve:wave:, THANK YOU, for the STUPENDOUS WORK!!!:D Hey, you know i eat, drink, sleep AND breath UP!, did you honestly think i wasn't going to do a UP box up for ya:D. i enjoyed doing those engines up for you, it was a fair trade off for the FANTASTIC JOB you had done for me:D. well, the nose grabs on the F7 was a real bear:oops:(don't ask), and matching the paint on the F7 add on parts was quite a task too:rolleyes:. but the other work i had done to both units, like installing the F unit coupler cut bars, sunshades, mirrors, roof grabs, decaling, antennas, wipers(on the F7), installing the sound decoders and lights, and the paint work i did on the add on parts for the F3, was quite enjoyable:thumb:. AGAIN, THANK YOU STEVE!:D it was well worth it!:D

Gus:wave:, cant wait to see the pics of the NEW phase of your layout!:thumb:

Heres a couple more pics of "UP DIESELS IN THE DESSERT":D the last two pics don't go with the rest, but i noticed i haven't posted many pics of my UP F-E-F Class 3 Northern, so i put one of it in here:thumb:. and the last pic IS NOT A GREAT PIC, but i kinda liked it, its the rear of 3 of 4 of my UP steamers:thumb:. left to right, F-E-F Class 3 Northern, 1(of 2)of my Challengers, and my BIG BOY!:thumb: HOPE you folks enjoy the pics;). :D -Deano View attachment 33074 View attachment 33075 View attachment 33076 View attachment 33077 View attachment 33078

Attached Files:

8. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Attached Files:

9. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Deano you said:
    That's funny... because that's my favorite pic!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: and the one before it ain't too shabby neither...although the background in your other shots could use some work (just a little "constructive" criticism)tooth1 ENJOY IT! It was and is my pleasure!:thumb:
    Gus....I'm also looking forward to more progress pics!:thumb:
  10. viperman

viperman Active Member

Nice pics!

Deano, neither one of you have posted an overall shot of the scenery, how bout it?
  11. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Steve:wave:, I'm glad you liked the steamer shots, not great pics, but...is there really a bad shot of steamers?;)tooth1 BTW, i think the background in the other pics is nothing short of STUPENDOUS!:thumb: kindly keep your criticism on it to yourself:eek: ;) tooth1 sign1
    THANKS STEVE!!!:D

Steven, you want some over all pics of the background, Hmmm...thats do able:thumb: . i will try and post some later tonight;) THANK YOU!:D

:D -Deano
  12. viperman

viperman Active Member

Thank you Deano! I want to know whether or not I should hire Steve to do my scenery too. Then again, I'm going a completely different route than Steve, as I'm modelling a logging scene on one end, and a village on the other. No major rockfaces, though I think I will be able to fit one or two small ones in there
  13. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

OK Steven, here's three pics of the FANTASTIC rock work Steve had done for an add on, on my diorama:D. as you can see, it fits GREAT, and can be put on, or taken off very easily:thumb:. hard to believe all the different scenes i have been able to do on this board with a piece of track on it so far:thumb:, and i still have TONS of plans for it;). :D -Deano View attachment 33158 View attachment 33159 View attachment 33160

Attached Files:

14. viperman

viperman Active Member

Wow, nice work Steve! That looks great
  15. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

As always, Steve & Deano have done a superb job...!!! Steve, how 'bout a quick, "here's how I did it" for those rock formations..??? As you know, I'm a sucker for southwestern scenery, and those are as good as they get...!!!:thumb:
  16. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

hey thanks guys!
    Gus.....I was planning a little "how I did it" on my thread or in "tips" when I get the chance:thumb:
    But to be up front with everyone...I think I did a "good" job, but it's Deano's awesome photography that really makes the scene look much better than it really is...........don't believe me?
    Here's a photo I took of it right before I put it in a box and sent it to Deano:
    View attachment 33229
    I tell you.......The man's a genius!!!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: sign1

Attached Files:

17. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Attached Files:

18. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

WOW, never thought that Deano was such a photographic genius sign1 . Steve, you need to do a how-to. Looking at these blocks of blue foam, I can hardly imagine how your beautiful rockfaces emerge from that. :wave:
  19. viperman

viperman Active Member

Deano, you must have one heck of a camera then!
  20. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Merry Christmas!!!

:D MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS!!!:D i hope ALL of you have a GREAT Christmas:D, and a HAPPY New Year!!!:thumb::D

The guys at UP's -ROCK VALLEY SUB- and I :D, hope you all have a SAFE and HAPPY HOLIDAYS:thumb::D.

:D -Deano View attachment 33328

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.