Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Wow

THAT N SCALE LAYOUT LOOKS AWMAZING DEANO!!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I love that bridge and the yard below it, it looks AWSOME and that intermodal yard looks FANTASTIC!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Love the Roundhouses too :D :D :D :D

That RS-32 Looks OUTSTOUNDING too, but that is nothing unusual coming from yousign1

Loved all the pics, thanks so much for sharing Deano :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nick R.

The Rock
Jan 10, 2007
Wisconsin
I have to hand it to you Deano your weathering looks great. It's just the right amount to give everything a realistic appearance without going over board. Really nice work, I've been scared stiff to weather my units, I'll probably wait until after I've finished scenicing the RR.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Steve:wave:, YOU, as ALWAYS, are TO KIND!!!:D THANK YOU!:D

Josh:thumb:, THANK YOU!:D the N scale layout WAS NICE:thumb:, but now its just pics, and memories:).

Nick R. said: I have to hand it to you Deano your weathering looks great. It's just the right amount to give everything a realistic appearance without going over board.
Nick:wave:, THANK YOU!!!:D if you think i don't go overboard on my weathering...DON'T check my weathering thread:eek:ops:tooth1 sign1 , but seriously, THANK YOU!:D DONT be afraid to start weathering, start out with cheaper cars, and start out weathering "lightly";). you would be surprised how easy it is to catch on:thumb:. THANKS!:D

:D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Today at Dads...OR, CNW's on PARADE! PART 1 OF 2

Well folks, Saturday has come and gone, and heres what happened at dads today. when i showed up at dads, the first thing i noticed was he had his old Burlington geeps out and running...well, kinda. those old geeps were bought in about 1973, and haven't been run in years:rolleyes:, i checked the wheels, they were REAL dirty, and i knew the engines were in desperate need of oil and grease...looks like thats next weeks projecttooth1. i wired dads layout to run on DC or DCC, with the flip of a toggle switch, this is nice for dad since he has TONS of engines he can run that will never be converted to DCC, and those old Burlington's wont be.

i mentioned before, we added on to the layout so we could have a couple passenger trains on it. BOTH of us have a few passenger trains, but the add on only gave us enough room to put two passenger trains each on it, still, thats better then none;). ANYWAYS, we have one depot all set up, and are working on a HUGE station:thumb:. the new station is totally dads envisionment(is that a word?tooth1 ). it is an above ground station, so the trains go under the station, and passengers take stairs/elevators to board below;). we have been making good progress on this project, dad(besides being the foremantooth1) cut a bunch of the styrene for it, and i put the railings on today, painted the concrete base, and worked on the station some too:thumb:.

while the glue and paint was drying, we ran SOME of dads, and SOME of my CNW units:thumb:. we had a GREAT time running trains, and doing a bunch of "train talk"(we seem to talk about trains mostly:eek:ops:tooth1). ANYWAYS, i have some pics to recap the day!:thumb: i hope you enjoy them:D.

PIC 1- dads two old Burlington geeps.
PIC 2- my NEW CNW RS-32 on the point, dads CNW RS-27 behind it.
PIC 3- my CNW FM H24-66
PIC 4- dads CNW FM H10-44
PIC 5- my CNW F7 i converted to a CNW commuter train. A THANK YOU!, TO WAYNE(doctorwayne)FOR THE INFO ON WHERE TO GET THE "GONG" BELL:thumb:. i am NOT finished with this engine, i still want to put the grabs above the windshields, and coupler cut bars on it;).
PIC 6- my CNW DL-109. and yes, i know its NOT prototypical to run it with those commuter cars:eek:ops:.
PIC 7- a shot of PART of the yard. its not even CLOSE to being finished:eek:ops:.
PIC 8- a progress pick of the NEW STATION we have been working on:thumb:. NOT EVEN CLOSE to being finished, just wanted to give you an idea of what we have been doing:thumb:.
PIC 9- MY DAD:D, checking out the progress on the station:thumb:.

:D -Deano View attachment 34152 View attachment 34153 View attachment 34154 View attachment 34155 View attachment 34156

Attachments

• DD1.JPG
    DD1.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 98
  • DD2.JPG
    DD2.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 93
  • DD3.JPG
    DD3.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 106
  • DD4.JPG
    DD4.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 93
  • DD5.JPG
    DD5.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 99

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Deano, how do you find the time to sleep :sleeping: with all these projects going? :confused: Nice engines. The FM H10-44 is sweet. Good idea to have the station above ground, saves a lot of space :thumb: .

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
THANKS KURT!!!:D to answer your question...I DON'T SLEEP!sign1 its 4:00AM here, and i"m weathering a UP boxcar RIGHT NOW!:D i give full credit to MASSIVE amounts of coffee, STRESS, and cigarettes;)tooth1. putting the station above ground was TOTALLY dads idea:thumb:. THANKS!, again Kurt!:D -Deano

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
So my guess was right. You can’t get it all done if you waste time sleeping. :D Deano, my friend, take care of yourself :wave: .

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
It's been such a long week, I ended up sleeping in and not getting up until about 6pm. My girlfriend hasn't been feeling well and seems to be getting a cold, so she too slept all day right with me. Now it's almost 4 in the morning, and neither of us can sleep, so I know the feeling. That though seems to be the best time to get some model railroading done, Rusty and Lardo the cats are asleep (they're attention whores), the phone is silent, no work to do since it's the weekend, and I've got some left over Chinese food in the fridge if I get the munchies.

All is well!

Hey Deano, who made that station building? That thing ROCKS. Is that a scratchbuilt structure?

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
WOW....!!!! You guys sure are into this RR thing...!!! Kinda reminds me when my ol' man & I used to get together, most of the talk was about trains...His last project was a Z scale layout which he sadly did not get to finish...But he sure had fun doing it...!!!

Keep it up you guys...and yes, Deano, people DO NEED to sleep or bad things can happen.sign1

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
cnw1961 said:
Good idea to have the station above ground, saves a lot of space :thumb: .

I agree, that was a good idea and it looks AWSOME with those Amtrak? cars going under, it just looks so COOL.

I love your dads layout and it is really coming along NICLY. Love all the pics. :D :D :D :D :D

Keep up the AWSOME work guys :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice lookin' bunch of photos, Dean.:thumb: :thumb: That DL-109 looks right at home on the commuter train, due in part to the match-up on the colour separation line. That looks like the Walthers station, and running the trains beneath it is not only a good way to conserve space, but also very prototypical. You and your Dad are fortunate to be able to share some time together, especially doing something that you both enjoy. :)

Wayne

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
that station reminds me of 30th street station, of which i just passed today on the way home from a camping trip. It was particularly exciting for me, because i saw one of Amtrak's P32BWHs ( or something like that) that i thought was mor of a western locomotive, as well as a bunch of AMD103s. and other assorted diesels.

this camping trip bugged me, because the site was right next to some tracks, with trains that pass by in middle of the night, so i miss them anyways,lol.

Keep up the good work!

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Deano
Love that station! and everything else!
It's also nice to see a picture of the "chairman of the board"! Enjoy the time together!
I don't know what it is with me...but I don't need sleep either.
I just seem to.....stay...........a...wake..................f.....o......r.........e.............v...............e......................r..................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
deano---always a treat when you get together with your dad---no surprise,but i really like that trainmaster---thanks again to you and your father

Status
Not open for further replies.