Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Paragon, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Finally have some progress to show on the Be-200!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can tell, it still needs pontoons and engines. Its the largest of my models so far, because I had really nice blueprints to work from, at a very high resolution. I wasn't paying great attention during construction, so the fuselage is a little skewed in the middle. I've learned a lot about making flying boat models now, so I should be able to make the P6M-1 Seamaster pretty easily.
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Looks great paragon! I need to get out to your site again and check for some more french planes :)
    Chris
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Yes more civillian planes please!! :D
  4. Artie Bob

Artie Bob Member

P6m

Oh joy! The P6M has been my number one aircraft to locate in a paper model. The pilot's manual is available on CD, if you need it, let me know and possibly I can get one out to you. BTW, this is a good time to say thanks so much for the aircraft already given out, I can't build them all, but my next few will be mostly yours.

Best Regards,

Artie Bob
  5. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

If the CD includes detailed 4-view drawings, yes, it would be incredibly helpful to me.
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Appologies for the picture quality, I was a little rushed, the battery was about to die.

Release is getting closer and closer! I just have to color it, and then probably build the colored model.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

really looks good! can you give a little info on this plane? i looked around about it but couldnt read the sites. is it mainly a fire bomber?
  8. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Its a multi-purpose flying boat. It can operate as a small passenger plane, a waterbomber, emergency evacuation airlifter (for a sinking ship, for example) or search and rescue, obviously aided by its amphibious qualities. It also has a starboard cargo door and can be configured to carry various sized pallets.

The design is based off of Beriev's A-40 (Be-42) Albatros military design, which is slightly larger but aside from the nose shape and pontoon positioning, essentially the same aircraft. The Be-200 also includes an anti-submarine warfare variant.

Beriev, a Russian company with a long history of flying boats is currently exhibiting the aircraft in various European and Asian countries, looking for buyers. Greece and Indonesia are currently operating these aircraft, and Portugal is expected to purchase 4 after a very satisfactory evaluation of two of the aircraft, despite the crash of one.
  9. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Btw, scale is about 1/84. If enough of you want a standard scale, I'll do it, just let me know here which scale.
  10. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I began building the colored version last night, but ran into a problem: the fuselage was twisted. I'm sure its at least partly due to my poor construction, but I'm also worried the kit itself may need some work to keep it correctly oriented. I've considered including an internal structure for this one, and probably will for at least one spot on the model, but I was wondering if there might be any other way to keep everything correctly shaped. Ideas?
  11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Finished! I'll finalize the parts and create a construction guide, and then it should be available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

looks very good. looking forward to this one.
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

that is REALLY nice! Great work bud :)
    Chris
  14. edi

edi Member

I like it and look on the versions
    Again a great job
    Thx Paragon:thumb:
  15. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

3 repainted versions of the Mig-15 very soon. sign1
  16. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

First one is a Hungarian Air Force version. All repainted versions will be available in the download section.
    BTW Paragon , feel free to put them on your site

Attached Files:

17. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

We all love repaints don't we? :D
  18. edi

edi Member

I think Paragon is interested the moment in other things; the Indian SU-7 also is not on his page
    Edi
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

20. Stormeagle

Stormeagle Member

A repait of the Beriev 200 is coming your way: Dressed up as a Hellenic Air Force Firefighter, and a little later on as a Hellenic Navy ASW patrol craft, Hellenic Air Force CSAR aircraft and Hellenic Coast Guard Patrol craft.

Stay tuned ;-)

PS. Paragon, do you want these to be sent to you first or is it OK if I just upload them here?

Thanks.