Designing the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Paragon, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Don't worry, they're still on the list. I just have a tendency to get sidetracked.
  2. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Good news and bad news: The good news is that I started designing a new model today, bringing me out of my several day long lag. The bad news is that its not from the list at all, and basically just came straight out of left field. Its a result of my recent re-watching of Robotech.

Its the VC-33, a VTOL Carrier-based transport.

Sorry, I get distracted too easily.

Anyway, I'm planning to make the Canberra next, so just be patient.

Attached Files:

3. Paladin

Paladin Member

Hey, that's a really neat plane. I never wathced much Robotech, nor do I watch much of the Star Trek Series, (both old and newer), but I like the ships.
    I can't wait to see that one Paragon.
  4. Coot59

Coot59 Member

Those who can do. Those who can not must learn patients.

Besides each of your models is work of art.

Thanks
  5. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool too (I have a weird sense of "cool" sometimes), unlike its name. Its called the VC-33 "Mom's Kitchen". I don't get the logic behind that one...
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I finished the prototype today and put it together, this is the result (sorry for the messy build):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I expect to release several colored versions on my website tomorrow or the day after.
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

God, model designed and built in 1 DAY???!!! My hat off to you Paragon! And I like this jet too!
  8. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Its actually not the first time I've done that, and not incredibly uncommon for my design style. Remember the level of detail for these models is low, and my process using Photoshop cuts out some time-consuming steps.
  9. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

As you can see, the standard colored version is complete. There aren't any references to any other colors in Macross, but I decided to make one of my own, assuming that the VC-33 was also used as a military transport in the same way the V-22 Osprey is, except with higher maximum speeds. I'll post images of it later.

Here's the standard:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just a note, this is the "dirty" version. The standard colors will be available in a "clean" version too, that makes it appear to have just come off the assembly line. The only difference is the lack of carbon buildup around the main engines and rear engines.

The files should be available on my website by the end of the night (GMT -5).
  10. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

A military version:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

The files are now available on my website.
  12. t.l.williamsjr

t.l.williamsjr Member

Paragon:

Thank you for all of your designs, I'm looking forward to building 'Mom's Kitchen'.
    :thumb:
    TomW.

13. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I'm Back! And I'm designing a new model as well!

Currently on my plate is the English Electric Canberra. I plan to also release the Martin B-57 Canberra and RB-57 recon variant after completing the E.E. version. Variants within these three types may be included as well (probably just as optional parts, like an extended cockpit).

After that, I've decided to design the Beriev Be 200, and after that I'll probably tackle the P6M Seamaster. Hopefully I'll have some prototype photos tomorrow.
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Very cool - glad to see ya back designing :)
    Chris
  15. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Ok, I finally have some progress to show! First was the English Electric Canberra, of course. There are a very large number of variants of the Canberra around, so I'm trying to decide how I'm going to offer the most of them I can. Right now I'm leaning toward lots of optional parts.

Anyway, here's the prototype. As you can see, I didn't build the other wingtip tank, it wasn't necessary, although I did try out two different kinds of wings. The port wing is designed to be constructed like the rest of my models so far, by cutting out the sides of the engine and sliding it down the wing. The starboard wing was constructed by assembling two parts of the wing, and attaching the engine between them. I think I like the starboard version better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Under-represented aircraft! Your Canberra looks great !
  17. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I test built the optional parts that allow the builder to make their model one of many different variants. It will now include two different noses, four different cockpits, three types of wing, two different vertical stabilizers, two different engine intakes, and optional fuel tanks and smaller secondary engines.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. edi

edi Member

this will be an eye candy:thumb:
    very impressive
  19. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I'm looking forward to it as well! I really like the wings on this one, and can't wait to actually build a complete RB-57 myself. I should start coloring tomorrow. I know there will be at least two schemes, one for the English Electiric Canberra, which will not include the parts for the American planes, and one American scheme. I know the potential for many more schemes exists, so I have to decide which ones to go with. So I need help from all of you; find the color scheme you want to see the Canberra in the most, and show me, or if you see someone post one you like, just say so.
  20. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member