Copycat Mainline Coaling Tower in HO

F

Fred_M

I put on some steps and really hated the way they looked, so I tore them off and instead am installing a ladder. I made caps out of angle and tubing. I started the coal door. I started the walkways. Haven't been getting much progeress lately, am thinking how to do it and planning my next scratchbuild.

Attachments

• coaltower17.JPG
    coaltower17.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 135

Ho Modeler

Apr 6, 2004
Fox Valley
Visit site
Ok once again i was sparked to create a copycat copycat by a thread. So i began designing a coaling tower on autocad. Everything worked out well once i converted N Scale to HO. So now a i a formidable plan to go by.
The problem is I am a bit confused on the acltual design of the chutes. Dash10 sent me some plans but they were unclear as to the placement and how to build the chutes.

Can Anyone Help??

Eric

F

Fred_M

Here's how i did them. The gates are metal in plasticstruct H beam. Then the chutes were attached to other chutes. There will be cables up over the pulleys for counterweights for the chutes, and rods to the ground to open and close the gates (doors). Fred

Attachments

• coaltower18.jpg
    coaltower18.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 197
F

Fred_M

Thanks guys, really. :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: Here is the counterweights and cables. Fref

Attachments

• coaltower19.jpg
    coaltower19.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 176
F

Fred_M

I'm glad you all like it. :) Put on some saftey rails so my LPBs wouldn't fall and chip their paint. Fred

Attachments

• coaltower20.jpg
    coaltower20.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 165
F

Fred_M

Close up of lift housing I glued up and stained today. Fred

Attachments

• coaltowerlift.jpg
    coaltowerlift.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 158
F

Fred_M

The nearly complteted tower on my posing module between rain showers.

Attachments

• coaltower21.jpg
    coaltower21.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 139