Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good evening everyone,

Damp and cool day, Sat by the fireplace and watched a couple of old movies with the wife this afternoon. Didn't even have enough pep to run any trains.

Visited the East Coast Large Scale show at York yesterday, nice show. I'm not into G, but like to look at all scales. Vermont club had a humongus layout & very nice. Looked like the venders were doing very well, lots of boxes being carried out the door.

Take care.
  2. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. Gonna be a damp one today.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/2/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 65°F
    Humidity: 99%
    Dew Point: 65°F

So Far Today
    High: 65°F
    Low: 63°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 6mph SSW

Today High: 82 Partly sunny. Areas of dense fog in the morning. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds up to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Ham and eggs today.

[​IMG]
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

We were there too.... We missed each other :( It was a great show.. We havn't missed one yet! :) :D :)
  4. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning everyone.

Long weekend with company.

Going to try to finish her sewing room so she will stay outta my hair.....and a couple of VA appt.

Have a great day.

Rick
  5. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning from HOME!!!! Hope to say that all month [well until last weekend]. Did reports last night so slept late. Now got to shower and get dressed. Lazy. Tanker, need for you to come south and do some remodeling for my wife. Got to mow grass today or tomorrow. Get garden beds done and ready for planting. Had shower this AM so washed some pollen away. Have a good one.
  6. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Chief.....sure....if you will let me borrow your Bass Pro credit cardjawdrop

Rick
  7. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good evening,

Mikey, We were there from right after nine to about 11. When were you there? I was really impressed with the modular layouts, some very scale like and some more toy/tinplate style. I like them both.

Going to the Museum tomorrow, trying to finish up the Weaver catalog before Summer gets here and the traffic gets bad around Strasburg.

Glad to see the Chief is getting a little time off. That flying gets old after a while. My sister was telling me her flying tale today. She hadn't flown for a while and actually forgot about her metal hip implant. They practicly had her strip for the metal detectors both ways.

Take care,
  8. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Another warm sunny spring day after that cold weather and mega thunder storm. Hot one day and rainy and cold the next.

Cheif what do you think about Okuma for the money in a reel?

I have had one for a few yeatrs but havent gven it any real test for wear yet. I havent worn out my old green Penns.

I am wondering how it will hold up in salt water on the OBX.
  9. N Gauger

We were there about 10:30 till 2:30

Just missed you :) You were probably walking around the layouts when we were in the vendors area :( :(

Yeah - there were great models there!! :D
  10. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. Gonna be slightly damp today and quite warm.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/3/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 77°F
    Humidity: 88%
    Dew Point: 68°F

So Far Today
    High: 72°F
    Low: 70°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 8mph SSW

Today High: 82 Partly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

I'll have a sausage biscuit and some orange juice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

SNOWjawdrop I got up this morning and had to plow SNOW:curse: Got about 6" on the ground and looks like we are going to get at least that much more:cry:

Good day to work on the sewing room I guess.

Rick
  12. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Tanker, ouch!!!!! WArm and sunny. Flowers are blooming and they say we might get some of Tanker's "fresh" air by weekend. :cry: Hope not. Chores to do and JD mower to service. Tanker, grass needs mowing again. :rolleyes: Have a good one.
  13. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Hi everyone:wave:

Well after I got mad at my new hopper and waited three hours before hooking it up to a train, the car is just dandy on those 18' curves. Just had one :curse: of a T-storm roll on by, and Thurs. is suposed to bring SNOW, of all things! Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes!:rolleyes: :D But Thurs also brings SPRING BREAK!!!balloon6 bounce7 :cool: goldtoth1 train97

Cheers!:thumb:
    CNWman
  14. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Darn....plowed twice today....about 12" total and it still hasn't stopped.......gotta go to VA tomorrow and the next day...goingto spend the night at my son's place.

Have a good couple of days.

Chief...if ya had a Wheel Horse it would run and not be in for servicesign1 ...you would just use it!

Rick
  15. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Well my daughter ran her second 100 meter sprint today and did a fine job at 13.8 seconds. I think she got her speed from running away from the barn chores.

I did buy another MTH farm house the other day but I have been to busy getting the plow ready to try and beat the rain coming this weekend.

Right now it is about 11pm and it has to be around 70, I can't believe it is going to snow this weekend in addition to the rain.
  16. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Good Morning Everyone. It is a nice 42 degrees here. Only supposed to get up to 50 today. They are calling for that white stuff again for the next few days and even into the weekend.:cry: They say spring is here. Yeah Right. It's supposed to be April Showers Bring May Flowers, Not April Snow Showers. sign1 Hope You All Have A Great Day.
  17. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Tanker, the JD got oil and filter change, plugs and new blades. Yearly maintance and no repairs. :thumb:

Guided wife's boss's kids at the pond [notice you Yanks, no ice]. His son's first fish ever.
    [​IMG]

Caught nice crappie and blue gills.

Speaking of weather. You Yanks are trying to invade us in the next few days. Cold coming and we have flowers and trees blooming. Keep your cold air.

We mention form time to time about the software being slow here. No wonder. Probably a couple of hundred folks signed on just holding up space. If you are not using, sign off and then sign back on.

Well, out the door as long as it is warm here. Later.
  18. N Gauger

Yeah - we're not happy about 45 deg weather for Easter here either :( Should be 65!!! :( Hopefully this will all be gone next week :) :)

Nice fish .. and our lakes are water now too - - Ice melted about 10 days ago :D :D
  19. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Isnt that Easter Break?

[​IMG]
  20. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

lol, boy scouts never gets old. I'm gonna be life scout in a fe weeks, need to get ready fo eagle. Grab the bacon is the greatest game ever. yay mudd!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.