Building the 'new' Setagaya Japanese layout

redracer

Jan 10, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Japanese-Trains.com
Originally posted by Gavin Miller
That came up a treat Doug!

Enjoyed the photos on your website as well! (hate those annoying "pop-up" ads though!)

What's the next project? :)

Gavin

I have already moved the overhead suburban station, because it was hidden too much behind the tall buildings. Now it is further to the left behind the suburban area. A few new buildings have been added as well. Next showing is Castle Hill Exhibition 26-27th July.

Next 'project' will be the Japanese modular system, that members of the Japanese modelling discussion groups will have read about recently. I was panning an Enoshima Railway layout, but that will become part of the modules, with a long Bullet train run overhead.

However, Setagaya has bookings up until Octoiber 2004, so it will be around for a little while yet.

conraildude1

May 28, 2003
The Rotten Apple
Visit site
redracer

Your layout totally blew me away, I drool everytime I see it. Its no wonder I love N scale look at what you can do with it. I felt like I was there with the photos, if you have any more pics please post em. One question for you redracer are you using Kato Unitrack.

redracer

Jan 10, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Japanese-Trains.com
Originally posted by conraildude1
redracer

Your layout totally blew me away, I drool everytime I see it. Its no wonder I love N scale look at what you can do with it. I felt like I was there with the photos, if you have any more pics please post em. One question for you redracer are you using Kato Unitrack.

Thanks for your comments mate :)

You can see more pictures on the layout's home page (address in previous messages). I really cannot post decent quality & sized pictures in this forum.

I am using all Tomix track, including the new Finetrack range.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Doug,
This layout is a super-detail masterpiece!
Excellent photos, & just simply AMAZING modeling!

Why subscribe to the modeling press, when I can just go online & see work of this caliber?

Thanks for sharing!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

redracer

Jan 10, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Japanese-Trains.com
Originally posted by Gavin Miller
Doug,

Looks very busy and Japanese (or how I would imagine it to be, never having been there!).

The little people certainly bring the scene to "life". Great work on the vending machines. These must obviously be a big part of the Japanese urban scene.

Gavin

I walked along one street in a residential area, for less than 1/2 hour, and took photos of over 50 different machines !!!

redracer

Jan 10, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Japanese-Trains.com
Originally posted by Charlie
Doug,
This layout is a super-detail masterpiece!
Excellent photos, & just simply AMAZING modeling!

Why subscribe to the modeling press, when I can just go online & see work of this caliber?

Thanks for sharing!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks Charlie, your Poor Fork is nothing to sneeze at either :)

The good think about Japanese modelling is that you don't have to worry about very many trees (or many other scenery details for that matter!!!).

redracer

Jan 10, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Japanese-Trains.com
Setagaya wins an award !!!

I am happy to announce that at the exhibition I attended over the weekend, 'Setagaya' received the award for "Exhibitor's Choice", which is judged by all the other exhibitors present. The count was actually tied with another layout, and that happened only because I voted myself for that layout (of course you cannot vote for yourself!!). But each layout will get a nice plaque. Also I was apparently only a couple of votes away from the "People's Choice" award as well :D

I will add some more pictures here shortly, and you can see more at the layout's home page ...

http://setagaya.internet.directnic.com

redracer

Jan 10, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Japanese-Trains.com
Newsflash: Saturday 2nd August 2003

A minor earthquake hit the Setagaya area at around 4:15pm. 6 people were killed and substantial damage was caused to one shop building near the Kishibojinmae station. Minor damage was cause to several other buildings, and 1 car was destroyed.

There was no damage to the overhead suburban line or the nearby subway line & station.

Goto this page for some pictures of the scene of destruction as crews worked though the night to clean up the damage. The store owners stated that they have not decided whether to rebuild in the same style as the original building or to build a new shop.

http://setagaya.internet.directnic.com

I have also added many other photos to the page as well from the last exhibition I attended, as well as details of the vending machines that I am thinking of marketing.

redracer

Jan 10, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Japanese-Trains.com
A minor earthquake hit the Setagaya area at around 4:15pm. 6 people were killed and substantial damage was caused to one shop building near the Kishibojinmae station. Minor damage was cause to several other buildings, and 1 car was destroyed.

There was no damage to the overhead suburban line or the nearby subway line & station.

Attachments

• p8030083m.jpg
    p8030083m.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 460