Yard Scenes

Justin

announce1New challenge for y'all: freight yards! It must have more than one loco and more than 2 tracks.announce1

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Hey there Justin. Its always great when people have a suggestion to get the ball rolling! Thanks. You talkin' prototype, model, or either? By the way, do you have one to start us off with? Yard scenes should be a big draw!
Ralph

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Well heck, I'm just gonna post one! :)

7-13-2007-13.jpg

Here's the small yard that supports my layout's car float operation. It usually isn't this full of locos. I took this picture a while ago as a company shot gathering all of the equipment I'd lettered for my freelanced road.

Ralph

YmeBP

:eek: wow! can you got a top down shot of that? I'm looking for inspiration for my yard :mrgreen:.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
:eek: wow! can you got a top down shot of that? I'm looking for inspiration for my yard :mrgreen:.

I'll try to remember to do that with my next roll of film. Actually its a pretty simple design, a siding on the main with three ladder tracks and a long lead for the car float.

Ralph

Great Northern numbers 1187 & 744 a 2-8-0 and rather long in the tooth 4-8-0 give two whistle blast's before leaving the yards in Mpls Junction for Wilmar Minn.

Attachments

• 2 Blast's of the whistle_edited-1.jpg
    2 Blast's of the whistle_edited-1.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 46

MCL_RDG

Well, since I was in a train yard...

...the other day...in Allentown, Pennsylvania...

yard.jpg

I'm still scratching my head- BNSF, Norfolk Southern? Wha happen???:eek:

Mark

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I have a proto pic too! Not as busy as Mark's though. Its the small Minnesota Commercial Railroad yard in New Brighton MN.

7-16-2007-03.jpg

Ralph

N

nachoman

nuts, my yard only has two tracks!

I was at union station in Warshington a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, it was night and I had no idea the trackwork around it was so complicated.

Kevin

spitfire

Hey Val! Any new yards springing up some time in the future?
Ralph

Yep! It's more or less the same design as the old one, but with better turnouts. Have the track positioned, but not yet layed. Thanks for asking Ralph.

Val

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
NICE ONE Charlie!

b28 82, that yard is impressive. do they use it operationally?

Ralph