Sudsy's Benchtop - BMP inspired Chimera replacement

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
1.2.3. blocks are great for calibrating your precision instruments. ;)

Sudsy

Moving on to the treads. Knowing there are options for skirt and slat armor, I am experimenting with 3mm magnets to attach/detach them better.

20220410_123138.jpg20220410_122533.jpg20220410_122223.jpg20220410_122218.jpg20220410_121414.jpg20220410_121408.jpg

Hopefully the pictures convey the drilling I am attempting. They probably don't convey some of the frustrations Iexperienced getting the magnets in place though! It was, interesting. I'm glad I reinforced the interior of the structure like I normally do!

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
I love the details that you are putting in your models. Great job this far.
:yesyes:

Sudsy

Almost done... With BMP 'counts as Chimera' #4, the command vehicle!

Special decals. Very special, given the origin of the design...

20220729_212033.jpg20220729_212055.jpg20220729_212048.jpg

So, with a coat of Krylon Crystal Clear (gloss), waterslide decals do work on paper models... Coated with some Rustoleum Matte finish a few hours later.20220729_212103.jpg
Decals are from Fallout Hobbies in the USA.

Of special note:
"Saint Emilian Kovch was a Ukrainian man, a husband, father, and Greek Catholic priest. (Though the Greek Catholic Church is in union with Rome, it has some different disciplines; married men in this rite may be ordained priests.) He dedicated his life to helping Jewish people during World War II. Having stared down a mob of Nazis, Kovch ran inside a burning synagogue to save the people inside. To save as many Jewish people from the death camps as he could, Kovch began baptizing them. Despite growing pressure from the occupying force and the dangers he incurred by a letter he wrote to Adolf Hitler denouncing his fascist policies, Kovch survived a year and a half before his arrest in 1942. He served people of all faiths in the concentration camp, celebrating Mass, hearing confessions, and providing counsel and compassion until his death in 1944."

Yes, I'm aware of what the Cyrillic text says... Having been in combat myself, yeah, this happens more than most realize. Pius irreverence abounds... Dark gallows humor and devout faith mix when faced with death day to day. Such is the nature of human conflict in war. I empathize with the men and women sent to fight on both sides of any conflict at this point in my life.

Last edited: