Show us your layout, or anybody you knows layout, or your club layout.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, that really is awesome. One could easily spend hours down there. ;)

toptrain1

*I never did a layout where the two sides of the table would have separate divided scenes. This is a first for me though it is a common feature in a lot of layouts. The main table section is 4' 6" X 8'. There will be a 2 track mainline. There will only be one tunnel through the hill and that being on the far end seen in the photo in this post. The near end seen in the photo I posted above, will have the two track main line curving and running around and under a slight overhanging cliff. I can see it in my mind and I hope I can make it look good.

IMG_5074 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

toptrain1

46762253824_defbf48842_b.jpg

Here it is today with two main lines and track cuts on far end for tunnel and on near end for overhanging rock formation.

toptrain1

Those are great layout photos. You certainly got mountain building down. Now if I only can do half as good.

Bill Nelson

most of my recent photos don't show, as they were too large, or had been taken by my phone.; so I'm posting a batch here. Biscuit rock in the the Gizzard, on the top level of my central peninsula.

IMG_4798.JPG

Directly below Biscuit Rock is The Harlow Union Station, where my DG CC & W RR shares the station with The Southern Railway.

IMG_4800.JPG

at the north end of the west wall of the attic room, Crooked Creek is the lowest level, but the lower track leads to what becomes the lowest level on the RR.

IMG_4801.JPG
sharing the upper deck on the central peninsula is the log reload off the narrow gauge at Eagle Rock. that massive trestle carries the narrow gauge logging spur to Eagle Rock. one of my Surry Parker log loaders, the building of which is documented in the logging mining and industrial RR section, on the show me your unique logging equipment thread.

IMG_4803 2.JPG

The courthouse in Downtown Harlow. the hose drying tower on the fire station disguises a piece of all thread that helps steady the upper deck on its perch on the 2x4 stud wall that hols the central backdrop on the lower levels

IMG_4802.JPG
the trestle carries the narrow gauge to the log reload, and the steel bridge carries the narrow gauge to the upper level of the layout, more than six feet above the floor.

IMG_4806.JPG

St Christopher's in Harlow is next to an opening in the backdrop in Harlow, that lets the Southern Mainline fold in on itself to make a return loop, before going down the helox a round to Southern Staging. Southern Staging has a return loop as well, so Southern Northbound and Southbound trains should be able to come and go through the middle of my layout.

IMG_4808.JPG

Here three levels are almost visible under the construction debris. on the upper far left the narrow gauge starts climbing up the sloped ceiling on a shelf making a fourth level, carrying the narrow gauge to the level of those awesome big bridges.
IMG_4809.JPG

also buried in the construction debris, you can see four levels, the upper level being the narrow gauge main coming off the high end of that huge steel bridge . the area on this walk under and upper corner will be Sander's ridge, an area with iron and coal mines.

IMG_4810.JPG

and at the end of the line , there is Gegokayoosa NC, and another iron mine, just above the State Ling Ga. staging yard, and narrow gauge return loop. there is a return loop in Gegokayoosa as well, also on a walk under at the entry to the attic room. If you are more than six foot two, it would be a duck under.
IMG_4811.JPG

I have been making very slow progress, I We can stay in this house for a while after retirement, I might be able to get somewhere, otherwise, I will have been to ambitious starting this monstrosity.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Toptrain, if your having problems uploading pictures let me help you, please. All you have to do is select "Attach" files on the bottom left of the windows message pane, and navigate to the picture you want to upload, once uploaed, you can select full size or thumbnail, you choice. If you have any problems with, please let me know. I love looingat your work and craftsmanship. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Bill, the photo below you posted reminds me of so many older towns I have driven through, well done!! ;)

410%20002%202.jpg

Bill Nelson

Toptrain, if your having problems uploading pictures let me help you, please. All you have to do is select "Attach" files on the bottom left of the windows message pane, and navigate to the picture you want to upload, once uploaed, you can select full size or thumbnail, you choice. If you have any problems with, please let me know. I love looingat your work and craftsmanship. ;)

I had troubles uploading photos, and most of my recent photos are gone. the new platform has a smaller file size limit. photos off my I phone won't load, nor will full size photos from my camera .

going into my cameras settings, I had to set it to small file size, and then the photos I take will load. as it stands I've lost a coupe years documentation several threads, Isn't technology wonderful

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Load photos from yuour PC. The problem is with your (most) phones, and their picture managers, and upload limits. Loading off of your PC will bypass these kind of errors.

Bill Nelson

I used to be able to load large images off my camera , through my PC. they won't load now, have to select small image size on my camera. the recent platform change restricted file size considerably

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I used to be able to load large images off my camera , through my PC. they won't load now, have to select small image size on my camera. the recent platform change restricted file size considerably
It wasn't the platform change, it was the actual cost of storage memory upgrades. This forum costs real money to maintain, and our benefactor, Darius, pays for it all. Limiting the size of the photos was the only way to keep the cost of storage under control. I take my photos on either my Note 9, or my Nikon Coolpix L27 and put them on my computer, then in Paint I just resize the pictures by reducing the largest pixel count to 1000 pixels. This maintains the original resolution, but makes a smaller picture and a smaller file size.