SCARM Railroad Layout Designer

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
SOme of those layouts are fantastic. The effort and time paid off. I spent quite some time looking at the photos, following the various links. Very nice, indeed!! :)

Mixy

10x Zathros :)

See also the two large layout projects from the last month, both with 5-star ratings at the time of posting here:

The Layout of Jivko in HO Scale (under construction)

Jivko_HO_Train_Layout_01-460.jpg

The Future Garage Layout of Robert (N scale)

Future_Garage_N-scale_Train_Layout_1-460.jpg

Hope you will like them :)

Mixy

Mixy

Here I want to show you one cool whim: single track route for using with rolling stock in two scales - standard gauge N (1/160) and narrow gauge HOn30 (1/87).

Small Folding Layout For Use in Both HOn30 and N scales

TANO_Whole_Layout_037645851-big-640.jpg

The track plan is designed as single line in “double 8” figure with one small station in front and train stop at the back. The layout is planned to allow exchanging of the buildings, signals and some other parts depending on the current rolling stock scale – N (1/160) or narrow gauge HOn30 (1/87). The guy who builds this layout has prepared different stations and surrounding buildings, different types of signals and different locos and coaches. Only the tracks and the grass will be the same in both scales. Check the link to see more pictures in the two different setups :)

Mixy

Last edited:

Mixy

Two new N scale layouts were published in the site from the beginning of the year - see them below:

The Train Layout with The Old Castle

Nice layout with precise designed virtual buildings (all are from real kits) with many details and rich decorations.

The_Model_Train_Layout_w_the_Castle_SCARM_3D_1-460.jpg

A Small Layout in the Kid's Room in N Scale

This project represents a whole room with bed on the upper level and all the furniture for L-shaped layout with buildings and rolling stock on it.

The_KATO_Layout_in_the_kigds_room_N-scale_3D_1-460.jpg

I hope that you will like these designs :)

Mixy

Mixy

The new SCARM v. 0.9.35 is ready and published! It comes with many new and updated track libraries, many bugfixes and more powerful Model Trains Simulator extension. See more about the new version here:

SCARM Track Planning Software 0.9.35 Released

SCARM_0_9_35_Updated-sm.jpg

Together with the new release, a new part of the website is also launched - it is a database with Virtual Rolling Stock for use in the MTS PE extension.

SCARM_Train_Simulator_Rolling_Stock-355x300.jpg

Hope you will like all new stuff about SCARM ;)

Mixy

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member

Mixy

IMPORTANT!

A bug was reported and confirmed in the last version of SCARM that may prevent starting of the program on some computers. The patched version of the program was released today. Please upgrade to SCARM 0.9.36, which can be downloaded from www.scarm.info to fix the issue.

See more about this bug-fix update in the following blog post: SCARM v. 0.9.36 Released.

I am sorry if the bugs caused any problems and inconvenience in your work with SCARM. If you see another problems, please report them here or in SCARM Blog and I will try to fix them ASAP.

Mixy

Mixy

See 3 more layouts in HO (1/87), TT (1/120) and N (1/160) scales, all in oval form:

Compact HO Track Plan feat. Figure "8"

HO_planta_scarm_2D_edited-460.jpg

The plan above has one internal loop with one entry point, but can be easily modified in 2 different ways in order to get one more entry/exit point. The modifications are described in the article.

Compact Oval in TT scale

SCARM_Tillig-BTTB-1a-Compact_Train_Layout-3D_1-460.jpg

This design is just a simple oval with small train station in the center.

THE EYE - 3' x 5' N-scale Layout of Brian

SCARM-THE_EYE-N-scale_Bachmann_layout_1-460.jpg

This is one already build layout for simultaneously running of up to 3 trains

Mixy

Mixy

Here is the only SCARM blog post for May:

International Danube Modular Layout Meeting - Russe 2017

P1030392-449x300.jpg

The event hosted layouts in HO, TT and N scales and was carried out by more than 40 participants from several countries. Here is the layout scheme:

HO-TT-plans-288x300.jpg

I also attended and even drove several trains :) See the pictures that I shot in the blog post's gallery.

Last but not least, I should mention that one of the train stations and several other single modules are entirely designed in SCARM ;)

Mixy

Mixy

The brand new SCARM version 1.0 is ready and published. Read more about it here:

SCARM v. 1.0 Milestone Released

The Milestone version starts a new epoch in the developing of SCARM. Get ready for many new functions and features that will come with the next updates and the future SCARM extensions!

Hope you will like it :)

Mixy