Sacral architecture

mikezax

Rajecká Lesná - chapel (Slovakia)
(Apse of the Church of the Virgin Mary, Queen of Angels)

Scale : 1:160
Author : Tomáš Hrebík
Source : Vystřihovánky vTOM, Betexa

The small apse in Rajecká Lesná is a remnant of the medieval Church of the Queen of Angels built in the 14th century. It was here that the famous Frivald Madonna (Frivald is the old name of Rajecká Lesná) was located here until 1886, when a new, larger church was built in the village, to which various miraculous healings and other supernatural deeds are attributed. The apse is a national cultural monument. Photo of the real building:

v45740377.jpg

My edits:

Without modifications (I glued a more complicated version), I made a simple pad. A few photos:

DSCN6587.jpgDSCN6593.jpgDSCN6603.jpgDSCN6624.jpg

mikezax

Nededza - bell tower (Slovakia)

Scale : 1:120
Author : Michal Vršanský, Tomáš Hrebík
Source : Vystřihovánky vTOM, free model

In the middle of the village is the bell tower - a folk building from the 19th century. It has a brick base and a wooden one superstructure. Entrance semicircular, above niche with a statue of St. Joseph. In 1999 the bell tower was reconstructed. Photo of the real building:

xIMG_6685.jpg

My edits:

I cut the "air" on the roof, I made a simple pad. A few photos:

DSCN7157.jpgDSCN7156.jpgDSCN7160.jpgDSCN7169.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
These buildings look AMAZING! You are doing a FANTASTIC JOB on each and everyone.
As you may know, I had lived in Eastern Europe (working private contract and teaching English) for eight years (Slovakia being the first country that I had lived in). So, seeing these buildings remind me of the good times that I had there.
Thank you once again for sharing these wonderful pieces of work (and history) with all of us!!!

mikezax

Thanx :)

TO: Revell-Fan

Rajecka lesna looked like a simple building, but it turned out that it is quite a fragmented building, which looks quite nice ;)

TO: Rhaven Blaack

Slovakia is mostly a Christian country, so even in the smallest village there is a chapel, bell tower or church, so I still have something to glue ...
I'm glad that someone likes it, now I plan to glue a few pieces of this architecture, so I'll be active mainly in this thread, I'm already looking forward to a nice pile of models waiting to be glued...;)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I think what you are doing is beautifully fantastic and Spirit filled. :)

mikezax

Thanks ;)

Ďanová - bell tower (Slovakia)

Scale : 1:120
Author : Tomáš Hrebík

Village bell tower, a brick building with a wooden superstructure on the floor plan of a square from the 19th century. The building has smooth facades, finished with a tent roof. Photo of the real building:

Zvonica.jpg

My edits:

I cut through the windows, added a bell, made a simple mat. A few photos:

DSCN7117.jpgDSCN7113.jpgDSCN7119.jpgDSCN7125.jpg

mikezax

Thanx, a simple model that looks quite nice... ;)

Belfry of Malohont: Drienčany-Papča (Slovakia)

Scale : 1:??
Author : Jaroslav Jablonský
Source : Vystrihovačky-papierové modely (Perfekt)

Wooden bell tower, a Renaissance building on the floor plan of a square from the 90s of the 16th century. The bell tower was renovated in 1932. Photo of the real building:

Drienčany-Papča_-_Zvonica.jpg

My edits:
I cut out the windows and made a structure with a bell, I made a simple pad:

DSCN7064.jpgDSCN7068.jpgDSCN7072.jpgDSCN7077.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Fantastic! I like your display solution. Very tidy and protected from dust. :)

mikezax

thank you and add another chapel ;)

Chapel in Mojšová Lúčka (Slovakia)
(before reconstruction)

Scale : 1:100

The about 300-year-old chapel in Mojšová Lúčka is built on an elevated hill above the former flooded part of the village. In 2006, the chapel was renovated on its own. They exchange candles in the chapel and keep a constant fire there. The interior is separated from the outside by bars. There are also temporary stairs made of stone, which open the steep terrain to the chapel. Along the sidewalk, three volunteers built a Stations of the Cross, which should stop for a while and spiritually enrich passers-by. Photo of the real building (before reconstruction):

xIMG_0038.jpg

My edits:

I cut through the windows, added a bell, made a simple mat. A few photos:

DSCN7175.jpgDSCN7185.jpgDSCN7190.jpgDSCN7199.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Again, another FANTASTIC JOB! It looks like you have shrunk the actual building and the plot around it.
Thank you again for sharing these wonderful pieces of art with us!

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Nice chapel I.like the extra information that.you chare with us. Thank you for charing this model

mikezax

Chapel in Mojšová Lúčka (Slovakia)
(after reconstruction)

Scale : 1:100

The same chapel as the previous one, only after reconstruction. Photo of the real building (after reconstruction):

Image008.jpg

My edits:
I made a cross and added a simple pad.

Some photos:

DSCN7216.jpgDSCN7220.jpgDSCN7225.jpgDSCN7228.jpg