Sacral architecture

mikezax

...In Slovakia, praise to God, churches are still not demolished ... there was one church in my town, another building was built about 10 years ago and one is still going to be built ...
I have a very strange feeling when I see churches being demolished in other countries, or being converted into warehouses ...

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
...In Slovakia, praise to God, churches are still not demolished ... there was one church in my town, another building was built about 10 years ago and one is still going to be built ...
I have a very strange feeling when I see churches being demolished in other countries, or being converted into warehouses ...

Me too, I don't like it. :sadno:

mikezax

Veľký Klíž Church of St. Archangel Michael (Slovakia)

Scale: 1:120
Author: Ondřej Hejl
Publisher: SVAP

...a few words about the original:

Veľký_Klíž_Klížske_Hradište_kostolík_08.jpg

The Church of St. Michael the Archangel is a Romanesque sacral building in the village of Veľký Klíž. The church is a real gem of Romanesque architectural art. It was built before the first half of the 12th century (the year is 1130)

Model built without modifications, I just added grass ... a few photos:

DSCN5395.jpgDSCN5400.jpgDSCN5409.jpgDSCN5412.jpg

mikezax

Budatínska Lehota (Slovakia)

Scale : 1:??
Author : Jaroslav Jablonský
Source : Vystrihovačky-papierové modely (Perfekt)

There is a bell tower from the 14th century in Budatínská Lehota. It is a prismatic tower structure. The lower part is brick, the upper part is wooden. Photo of a real building:

538098_article_photo_otuwqet_600x.jpg

My edits:
I cut out the windows, added a bell and a cross made of wire, I still made a simple pad. A few photos:

DSCN5427.jpgDSCN5433.jpgDSCN5443.jpgDSCN5452.jpg

mikezax

The bell tower (Mšeno - Czech republic)

Scale: 1:150
Publisher: Set of postcards No.1 - model number 3.

The bell tower in Mšeno was built in the years 1922-1925. It belonged to the Czechoslovak Hussite Church. During the Second World War, worship services gradually ceased. At present, the bell tower is owned by the town of Mšeno, which holds exhibitions of works of art here several times a year.

Mšeno,_Mělnická,_zvonice_a_domy.jpg

Model built without modifications, I just added grass ... a few photos:

DSCN5467.jpgDSCN5469.jpgDSCN5475.jpgDSCN5478.jpg

mikezax

Thanx ;)

Dolný Vadičov - bell towers

A wooden bell tower with a shingled roof was built in the 19th century. Real photo:

xDSC_1812.jpg

My edits:
I carved windows, I added a bell and I made a simple pad, a few photos:

DSCN5495.jpgDSCN5501.jpgDSCN5503.jpgDSCN5511.jpg

mikezax

Thanks ;)

Marian Column of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary (Kyjov - Czech republic)

Scale: 1:150
Publisher: Set of postcards No.1 - model number 13.

The Marian Column would be built in the 17th century on the initiative of Olomouc Cardinal František Dietrichstein as a thank you to the town of Kyjov for maintaining loyalty to Emperor Ferdinand II, at the time of the uprising of the Czech estates.
The Marian Column (Immaculata) is in the early Baroque style and stands on a slender Ionic column on a square pedestal.

DSC_0594.jpg

Model built without modifications, I just added a pad ... a few photos:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

mikezax

Belfry of Malohont: Drienčany (Slovakia)

Renaissance bell tower from the 50s of the 17th century. The bell tower has a brick foundation. It is part of the Evangelical church and the Memorial Parish of Pavel Emanuel Dobšinský on the hill above the village, from where there is a nice view of Drienčany and the Drienčanský kras Protected Landscape Area. Photo of the real building:

Drienčany_-_Zvonica.jpg

My edits:
I cut out the windows and made a simple pad., a few photos:

DSCN5875.jpgDSCN5888.jpgDSCN5890.jpgDSCN5896.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
This is the smallest church I know of in this area. It opened in 1860. It's very active. :)

St Paul's Salen NY Inside.jpgSt. Pauls Church.jpg