Pzkpfw. I Ausf. A, Orlik, 1:25

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You could have 3D printed all those wheels. It would have only taken you 27 days of constant printing, not including the painting, deburring, etc. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I have some really tiny screwdrivers, they are made from Ceramic though and are for high voltage small components. I purchased the kit, paid a fortune, and only used it once. ;)

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
I have some really tiny screwdrivers, they are made from Ceramic though and are for high voltage small components. I purchased the kit, paid a fortune, and only used it once. ;)
there are always those tools that are stupidly expensive that you end up rarely if ever using, but seems like a really good idea at the time. I think its a hobbyists curse lol

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
there are always those tools that are stupidly expensive that you end up rarely if ever using, but seems like a really good idea at the time. I think its a hobbyists curse lol
The job I did for those screws paid for them many times over. It's nice having screwdrivers like that having a dielectric resistance of 100K volts. ;)

Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
As a plumber. I can't say how much I've spent on special tools, I was the first tech at the company to have a handheld FLIR camera, 1st to have a hand held micro inspection camera, and Gods only know how many special faucet tools. I have a whole Rigid box full of faucet tools, Delta, Sterling, Kohler, Hansgrohe... you name it.

Reactions: zathros

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
This thread not only stands on its own legs, it inspires others, especially those of us waiting to finally see the shrink ray gun. :)

snake7

Dec 13, 2004
Israel
Happy New Year, everyone!

My progress for now: 170 link pieces cut, 350 link teeth cut, all parts retouched with color.
Started to assemble several links, to see how it goes...The process is slow, because they are small and fragile, but with lot of time and patience it can be done.
Already tried it on drive wheel - sits good.

eqIBjg.png

brBLHv.jpg

smapbe.jpg

QmBqGN.jpg

Went to assemble and join another 167 links. See you next year! ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Tracks, they can make or break a tank model. Yours is in the "make" category. Looks very good. :)

Reactions: snake7

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You and me both! Snake's work is far above my pay grade. :)

• Haha
Reactions: snake7