My old "500"

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That engine and engine compartment look like the real thing, I guess, in a sense, they are! The car looks like a perfect survivor car, where outside, it's perfect, but you can see that it has been drive, and has the perfect patina that so many collectors of actual automobiles look for.

The model has sprung to life. I'd buy one of those see thru model cases that have a mirror on the bottom, and keep it in there to keep any dust or prying fingers from touching or accidentally dropping it. Some things are so irresistible, you just have to touch them!!

:BRAVO:

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
That engine and engine compartment look like the real thing, I guess, in a sense, they are! The car looks like a perfect survivor car, where outside, it's perfect, but you can see that it has been drive, and has the perfect patina that so many collectors of actual automobiles look for.

The model has sprung to life. I'd buy one of those see thru model cases that have a mirror on the bottom, and keep it in there to keep any dust or prying fingers from touching or accidentally dropping it. Some things are so irresistible, you just have to touch them!!

:BRAVO:
Very funny, John, this is another proof of the fact our brains work exactly in the same way! :)
Regarding the finish of this model you caught exactly my original intentions. Unfortunately my little 500 is lost... so I imagined how she could be if I have her with me today. I would have restored her to shine like brand new but she would have been the same old car I learned to drive with. And with all the little signs of time. I wanted this model to be old and new in the same time. I think I succeeded according to what you say.

And regarding the case... well... you can see yourself where she is now!

IMG_20220223_124235.jpg

Last edited:

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
:BRAVO: I love this. I made a model of my first car, a 66 Chevy II Nova, 327 and my grandbaby destroyed it two weeks after I finished it. But no one makes a model of the car I learned to drive in, a 79 Nova Rally Sport.