My Imcold's X-wing build

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The picture upload problems comes occasionally , and more memory is needed. This forum is hosted on it's own servers, unlike many other forums. That means a very personal place, and care. We are grateful to Sanjay for giving us this to us. When the cup is full, we ask for another, and it is given to us. We then fill the empty cup. Patience is a virtue, and all modelers know this.

I do enjoy seeing both your virtual and tangible works. This miniature takes the cake. I am in awe. :) :)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I'm in awe. This really should be on TV or the build pics displayed in art classes all around the world. To show art students the potential of paper. what can I say, except, FAN-tastic!

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Thank you guys, I appreciate your coments :). I will post some pics soon.

Canons are last bigger subassembly. Then assemble fuselage, wings, engines and canons together (plus few greebles here and there) and I am done. To assemble fuselage and wings together will be the hardest part for me. Wings are heavy now, so I need to realy reinforce the joints. It reguires intervention on already done wings and fuselage and I do not like to mess with completed parts.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That's tough. Maybe you could inject them with Rigid foam?

Last edited:

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
Oh no! To stay anywhere near to that description I must stop to build it now so I do not ruin it . As it is said - you shoud stop when at top (hope it is correct in english, It is old czech proverb and I can not find this phrase anywhere in dictionary :)) :animated:

I think that the english equivalent is - Quit while you are ahead. In your case I say keep going it only gets better!:):Drinks:

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Reactions: bigpetr

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Your detailing work is superb!! :)

starbuck

Aug 15, 2013
Austria - Carinthia
:surprise:Wonderful - If you want I will give my plastic model in exchange to your final paper model.
But watch out, your paper model might have more details than my commercial plastic one. ;)

Reactions: bigpetr

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Thank you, I am happy you like it. I have moments when I like it too:). I think it will get better when I forget all the imperfections:).
:surprise:Wonderful - If you want I will give my plastic model in exchange to your final paper model.
But watch out, your paper model might have more details than my commercial plastic one. ;)

If you want to exchange new Bandai plastic Millenium Falcon 1:72 for my X-wing, than maybe I can give it a thougth;)

Reactions: starbuck

starbuck

Aug 15, 2013
Austria - Carinthia
Thank you, I am happy you like it. I have moments when I like it too:). I think it will get better when I forget all the imperfections:).

If you want to exchange new Bandai plastic Millenium Falcon 1:72 for my X-wing, than maybe I can give it a thougth;)
:animated:Yes, I am sure that you would consider this exchange. Til now I even did not know that this model exists. It seems that it is only available in America.
Before we go into detail about the exchange I have to win a Sabbac tournament first. Then I might buy it - if the pot is high enough.
I will keep you informed. ;)

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
:animated:Sabbac is treacherous game. Luckily you do not have Falcon now. You could easily loose it in the game.:)
Well, it seems I will have to make Falcon from paper. It will be lifetime project to deliver all the greebles.