My Imcold's X-wing build

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Thank you for nice words:).

I was wery happy with result when I assembled it all together, like for an hour:). Then I started to see all the imperfections again, I think you all know that from your experience:).

There are three thinks that are not accurate enought to original model becuse some reference material came to mee too late. Nosecone joint to the fuselage, some texture details on "intake" part of engines and paneling on "intake" part of engine (this bothers me the most, because this is most noticeable). But only the "experts" from studio scale model building scene would know so I decided to let them be.;)

Reactions: Tonino

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Thank you:). I bet you can;).

I am glad that you are not discouraged and you will build it someday, Cybergrinder. Because my model is not master piece by any menas. I just put lots of detail there to distract you and trick you to think so;). Some part of fuselage could be done better (I redone some fuselage parts that were possible to repair without too much of a hasstle). I made fuselage first, when I did not know some modeling methods and did not give it time it needed then. I thought then, it will be fast build over christmas time:). But because this model should look beaten little imperfections are not a bad thing and even adds to the efect. If it should be brand new vehicle it would be problem.

So if you will give it time you will surely do it as I do and better. I will be happy to share my experience with you (and anybody who wants to build it), so feel free to ask anything when your time comes:).

After I will finish this model I will update my Resoure with more details template and write some notes and advices for future builders.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Thank you:). I bet you can;).

I am glad that you are not discouraged and you will build it someday, Cybergrinder. Because my model is not master piece by any menas. I just put lots of detail there to distract you and trick you to think so;). Some part of fuselage could be done better (I redone some fuselage parts that were possible to repair without too much of a hasstle). I made fuselage first, when I did not know some modeling methods and did not give it time it needed then. I thought then, it will be fast build over christmas time:). But because this model should look beaten little imperfections are not a bad thing and even adds to the efect. If it should be brand new vehicle it would be problem.

So if you will give it time you will surely do it as I do and better. I will be happy to share my experience with you (and anybody who wants to build it), so feel free to ask anything when your time comes:).

After I will finish this model I will update my Resoure with more details template and write some notes and advices for future builders.

That would be really great!! :)

Reactions: Cybergrinder

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The Epitome of X-Wing fighters. The best I've seen, period. IMHO :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Bigptr, you need to post some large, computer background grade pictures of this beauty! :)

Reactions: Cybergrinder

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
I cannot stop watching this model, and repeat: "it's paper, it's paper!" but I cannot believe my own words... unbelievable!!!

It should be placed in the atrium of ILM, this is the only place that such a piece of art would deserve!

I concur about the paper portion. :iagree: Modeling shows / competitions would be better.:) That way more people can appreciate such a work of a true artisan!:)

Sky Seeker
:tank: