Muphyaa's (TOS) Cylon Raider

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Aaron's model is a bunch of panel lines on a a shell. There's no way as to checking it's overall shape to see how accurate. If you build it, you will have a shape with many panel lines. May be a good foundation for greebling, which would take much research.

As far as the other guy,, spit after you say that name, and please avoid saying or referring to it on the forum. :blueface:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
For the record, I admire Aaron Murphy for his diligent, though dim bulb. Thought sometimes he forgets who his friends are/were, and he has no good reason for not visiting this forum, especiallly we the situation I offered him. (Maybe he does now!) I think he forgot how much I taught him, in private emails to my home, that man just did not understand Rhino 3D. I felt slighted. Now, I only mention it because it came up, but would still welcome him. Publicity is publicity, he doesn't seem to understand that either.

Dagger

It would be interesting to see this built, I never saw one on paper, if that of Ninjatoes. In my personal taste, the one of the original series pleases me more than that of the most sinister-looking Ninjatoes.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
I was wondering if anyone has posted a build thread of Muphyaa's (TOS) Cylon Raider? Here is the link to the download: http://jleslie48.com/bg/index.html
View attachment 180416
I am wanting to build it, However, I am curious to see if anyone else has and look how they did it.
Thank you!

Looks neat! I've always loved the TOS Cylon Raider. I built the Gearz's version of the BSG. It's about a foot & half long. Nice beginner's model with some room for greebling. Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and wonderful New Year.

Take care.

Sky Seeker

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Looks neat! I've always loved the TOS Cylon Raider. I built the Gearz's version of the BSG. It's about a foot & half long. Nice beginner's model with some room for greebling. Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and wonderful New Year.

Take care.

Sky Seeker
I to built that Galactica several years ago. It was a fun build. I need to rebuild it some day soon.
Here is a photo of it.
2694-1508471964-6b602515e711aabac4ecd470bee61933.jpg

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
I to built that Galactica several years ago. It was a fun build. I need to rebuild it some day soon.
Here is a photo of it.
View attachment 180516

Here are some of the pics of what I built.

1579645202216.jpeg

1579645231929.jpeg

1579645254597.jpeg

As you can see it didn't have much in the way of greebling and pretty much kept it was kept "stock". It was a first attempt at building this model, back in 2015, so it's very limited as were my skills back them.

It's always nice to take a look at what is done and then go, "but it can be so much better". The mantra of all engineers, designers and builders at one time or another.

Sky Seeker

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Here are some of the pics of what I built.

View attachment 180714

View attachment 180715

View attachment 180716

As you can see it didn't have much in the way of greebling and pretty much kept it was kept "stock". It was a first attempt at building this model, back in 2015, so it's very limited as were my skills back them.

It's always nice to take a look at what is done and then go, "but it can be so much better". The mantra of all engineers, designers and builders at one time or another.

Sky Seeker
It looks good! Granted, yes, it does have a great deal of greebling potential. However, I fully understand what it is like to work with limited resources, knowledge and time. With the knowledge and skills that you have now, I hope that you rebuild it again.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
It looks good! Granted, yes, it does have a great deal of greebling potential. However, I fully understand what it is like to work with limited resources, knowledge and time. With the knowledge and skills that you have now, I hope that you rebuild it again.

Maybe one day... Right now I'm working on a crane!

1579649080261.png
Ok maybe not that crane more like this crane --

1579649138290.png

Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
I like it! Where did you get the template?

From the Canon site

See also the link below for the thread:

Sky Seeker

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
From the Canon site

See also the link below for the thread:

Sky Seeker
Thank you sir!!!