M4A4 Sherman VC Firefly, Halinski 1:25

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Okay, now how do I bookmark this video. or find his referenced videos?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
If you use the Videodownloadhelper plug in, in "Firefox", you can download the video. :)

snake7

Incredible work!

Figured this very long video is relevant to this subject... I'm listening while I'm work, but I'd listen while I built models too!

All about the Sherman... What a tank!

Thank you Sudsy. Watched it all - very interesting discussion!
And thanks to all.

Back to simple stuff.
Storage boxes. Big one has a rack for MG ammunition.
I've build all 12 ammunition boxes. 6 go to this rack and another 6 to rack on the other side.
Also little boxes one on each side.

sViYT1.jpg

OeWTgN.jpg

xRQEOF.jpg

sqO3Zi.jpg

RYMPlt.jpg

ZsPxNc.jpg

7FdE8t.jpg

snake7

Thanks again!
Sudsy - yep, already saw this walkaround :)

I found nice info about all the staff in there, so remember the first box near the firewall of engine compartment - it contained vehicle tools: wire, fuel tunel stand, replacement bulbs, lamp etc.

Continue with right upper side.
Rack for two water jerrycans and a little shelf with biscuits (realy!)
Fun Fact: jerrycan name came from World War II. Germans first introduced this design for fuel cans. When Allies saw the can they called it Jerry Can, because german soldiers were nicked Jerries. Latter everyone copied this design and so it became jerrycan. :)

xmyqqm.jpg

PjNadK.jpg

qmnNqs.jpg

Next is shelf for 4 boxes of food Ration #2 and a lot of blankets.
I did them from old sock and painted dark green.. Sorry, but on the picture it slided to more dark almost black. The straps are ok, they do not need to overlap the blankets. Upper end was attached to upper plate. That way they prevented blankets falling from shelf.
I assume this was the favorite corner for all crew - food and warm blankets ;)

QHbdDS.jpg

OVPe2w.jpg

e2PF1N.jpg

FW3Q50.jpg

xa2A12.jpg

4xjTN6.jpg

That's all with right side.

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
This good easily be displayed in a mlitary museum. Make an Argon filled glass box, with U.V. protection. You only need enough gas to displace the air, and the model will last a very very long time. It so awesome. :)

snake7

After criticism and advices on other forum, I changed material of blankets. Now it is from kitchen cloth, that in my opinion looks like wool.
I'm more than satisfied with the result.

EbRW8I.jpg

And back to left side - auxiliary generator unit.

CF5xNz.jpg

Vvj51X.jpg

Here i met another interesting solution to make assembler's days easier.
There is a need to assemble spherical part. It comes with spare strip.
You cut it all together and then it is easier to roll and glue the part.
After you glue the sphere itself you must to remove the strip.
When i cut the detail from book - i drew along a line weakly with knife and that give me easy start to remove the spare strip after.

9y6RGK.jpg

BprCE0.jpg

zUfOQF.jpg

Then i assembled the rest of the generator parts and glued it to place, where exhaust pipe was already awaiting to join :)

zlDp2k.jpg

O9q8Yb.jpg

xvPWiI.jpg

55eaBI.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Everything is so very clean, crisp and clear! This is really coming together beautifully!!!

snake7

Thanks Rhaven

Well, continued with another big storage box for spare parts and rack for remaining MG rounds. Also there are 2 oil cans and one spares and tools pauch + one periscope spare heads box.
In addition i assembled instruments panel. Added transparent film between layers, to imitate glass.

8YB6dF.jpg

pI4aBw.jpg

JhUkrW.jpg

tgWoKv.jpg

ud5WOV.jpg

Other parts for left side were already been assembled (tools box and extinguisher), so this side filled up fast

WuhyK4.jpg

pnuaah.jpg

eNVIJt.jpg

And suddenly all the interior for now was finished, as also another big step in assembling!

wokuEr.jpg

oUTivd.jpg

LEFdSo.jpg

cWwo60.jpg

Next step is to close the "stern" and then to assemble upper hull part
Stay tuned...And a little bonus, as usual ;)

snake7

After completing big stage , I let myself to take a little brake. Morevore it appears to be that i completed one year of building (not including tracks, which time i still will keep in secret ;)). I suppose I completed third of a model by now.

Shell we continue?
Engine bay rear doors. Simple, with great design of hinges.
Only after gluing those on body I noticed that I forgot the handle. Mounted it on site :)
Of course they can be opened. And when closed - sit tight in the hatch.

PvJYn2.jpg

KWfW5t.jpg

GDJphz.jpg

YtwBNB.jpg

APQRUu.jpg

CxmiDA.jpg