Lego Imperial Light Cruiser, from The Mandalorian.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Yeah now I remember the stickers. My first item was the rocket lanch platform. I played a lot with it. When my son was old enough we rebuild it toghetter but he didnt play with it. When I asked why he said to me he was to affraid to break something because he knew I loved the models a lot.

Last edited:

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I was never a Lego person, as a child my parents only shopped at the Commissary and Base Exchange. And the BX never had a great toy selection... As a teenager I would ride my bike to the Hobby Shop on Lackland... That's where I found plastic models. Been hooked ever since.,

Chuffy70

Yeah now I remember the stickers. My first item was the rocket lanch platform. I played a lot with it. When my son was old enough we rebuild it toghetter but he didnt play with it. When I asked why he said to me he was to affraid to break something because he knew I loved the models a lot.
You really have to go-some to break Lego these days - I have the Mobile Rocket Launcher, but the Platform was wonderful :cool:

Chuffy70

I was never a Lego person, as a child my parents only shopped at the Commissary and Base Exchange. And the BX never had a great toy selection... As a teenager I would ride my bike to the Hobby Shop on Lackland... That's where I found plastic models. Been hooked ever since.,
Well I guess its all worked out in the long run... looking forward to more of your build & token pussycat pics :blueface:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
When I was a kid, LEGOS where just blocks, and that got boring real fast. When I had my son, what I picked up at Tag Sales was incredible. Garbage bags full of hingest, thwierdest type of parts, wheels, the kind of stuff that really let me you vehicles, and other things that needed no imagination to guess what it was. ;)

Chuffy70

Yeah, never had the urge to glue Lego together - especially should this become a collectible set later on (much later)

However I would say, modern bricks don't have the grip of the older bricks, and a recent Galaxy Explorer I bought nearly fell apart every time I lifted it!

Play, display and put away...

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Last night I found thiss LEGO Technics model that my son never built. He didn't like it, and it's languished in the corner under his bed for 15 odd years. In any even, I built it. My Lord, that model was so complicated. They went way out of their way to make the wheels steer. It had rudimentary suspension on the rear, but it was the very first LEGO kit that I built and though, this sucks, but on the other hand, it had very unusual parts, which would make for a very nice model. There's always an upside to LEGOs. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
My wife has already boxed it. I'll have to see if I can find it. I didn't finish it completely. It wasn't one of LEGOS Technnics best, though it has great wheels, and a great 90 degree gear set that would make for a good helicopter shaft. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Your Grandson will remember this for the rest of his life, as well as all the other projects and time you have spent with him. I wish I had you for a Grandfather. I never experienced that, as they had both died, as had my father. I've tried to be the best father I can be. My son is 23 now, we we are very very close. I give him the respect a man deserves, and have taught him to demand that from others, but to give it also. I believe he has turned out great. I know I'm expected to say that, but other people comment on him.

The Bible says "God is the father of the fatherless". If that is true, then I had the best mentor. His Staff is strong and kept me in line. ;)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I was overwhelmed when my stepson called me dad, both of them had always just called me by my name. Then he joined the Navy, his biological dad got the invite to his graduation from basic, just like his mom and me, but didn't care to even call him. The oldest still calls me Micah, but he told his kids I'm Grandpa, his biological father is "Grandpa James". I tell him how proud I am of him every time I see him, Clean and sober 7 years now.